Tesla Cybertruck // Everything we want to know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they do!

I'd just ignore them when I'm driving.
They can Wait.

Me too.
Radio, on FM works just fine.

Or
USB stick with my tunes.

Ignore them when I'm driving, I ignore them when I see them too.

Seriously it's good practice though. I do answer the phone if I'm expecting a call or it's relative. Other than that it's voice mail. However, I can't have a serious conversation with anyone while driving.

I agree, phones should not take precedence over anything, especially driving. That's why there is voice mail, so you can call them back at your convenience, everything is not an emergency that has to be handled right now, those calls usually only happen in the middle of the night, for some reason. :rolleyes:

I agree, phones should not take precedence over anything, especially driving. That's why there is voice mail, so you can call them back at your convenience, everything is not an emergency that has to be handled right now, those calls usually only happen in the middle of the night, for some reason. :rolleyes:

What drives me nuts is I go to something like an autoparts store and talking to the person at the parts counter. Then the phone rings and I'm put on hold! I was there first and I'm in person. The person that didn't spend the time nor effort can wait. Thankfully it doesn't happen much these days but it's part of phone etiquette.

Then you have the person that uses speaker phone and insists on sharing their oh so important call with EVERYBODY within ear shot.

What drives me nuts is I go to something like an autoparts store and talking to the person at the parts counter. Then the phone rings and I'm put on hold! I was there first and I'm in person. The person that didn't spend the time nor effort can wait. Thankfully it doesn't happen much these days but it's part of phone etiquette.

Then you have the person that uses speaker phone and insists on sharing their oh so important call with EVERYBODY within ear shot.

Amen to that! Just as annoying when your working the counter, and the customer answers their phone. I used to tell them when your done with your call let me know and walk away. I refuse to stand there and wait for them to finish, or only give me the bare minimum of their attention, when I have other work to do.

Amen to that! Just as annoying when your working the counter, and the customer answers their phone. I used to tell them when your done with your call let me know and walk away. I refuse to stand there and wait for them to finish, or only give me the bare minimum of their attention, when I have other work to do.
I used to work retail grocery when cell phones were becoming more common. I had people on their phone and I would just get the next customer and skip them. They would end the call in a huff and ask me why. I told them we are dealing with money and I need your full attention for 1 min. If they got a call in the middle of the transaction I would tell them, very loudly, "We need to wait till your done". Then the people in line would start a riot.

On the flip side now, if I get a clerk on the phone I tell them I will wait until they are done for the same reason.

Back in the day (putting on my old guy pants here) I would have been written up for not engaging with the customer.

Would love the Fiat 500 EV they used in the latest Mission Impossible movie, that thing would be a blast to drive. šŸ˜Ž

But yeah prefer gas for now, their too expensive and can't justify buying one..hell i want a V8.šŸ˜‹

Can't wait to see what they come up with in the next 10-20yrs though. battery technology should be far better by then also.

Screenshot from 2024-01-23 18-45-48.png

I went to a huge park on saturday to check it out because they have an RC airfield, crawler track, and some other areas to run and I managed to see 2 cybertrucks in the park at the same time probably totally unaware of each other because they were on opposites sides. Hadn't seen one yet and then to see 2 was wild. So crazy looking in person, very bizzare looking vehicle to see next to normal cars lol. Then I also saw on instagram yesterday that someone wrapped one in red chrome

I saw one drive by my house the other day, they are even fuglier in person. They are big suckers.

I saw one up the street from us..
It was painted or wrapped in a monochromatic OD green..

I'm not a fan of the looks..
I don't buy their excuses for needing to make the truck panels All Flat..
because the metal is hard to shape...

I don't see neither Falcon 9 nor Starship with FLAT facetted paneling.. like if it was an old stealth F-117 plane.

They should program borders into the self driving program like on games to prevent people driving where they shouldn'tšŸ¤£

Be CAREFUL what you ask for...

Because for such a feature/system to work properly, it'll need to have Very Accurate GPS per vehicle ..ie, it needs to know exactly where you're going..
Not just your vehicle but Everyone's vehicle.. in case you swap cars or what not..

I certainly Don't want my vehicles to randomly or 'accidentally' get "Fenced in" (remotely by some corporation or agency) because of a glitch, system update, or mistaken identity..
Then have to pay a fee to "get Unfenced" or
go to court to prove it wasn't my vehicle.

Be CAREFUL what you ask for...

Because for such a feature/system to work properly, it'll need to have Very Accurate GPS per vehicle ..ie, it needs to know exactly where you're going..
Not just your vehicle but Everyone's vehicle.. in case you swap cars or what not..

I certainly Don't want my vehicles to randomly or 'accidentally' get "Fenced in" (remotely by some corporation or agency) because of a glitch, system update, or mistaken identity..
Then have to pay a fee to "get Unfenced" or
go to court to prove it wasn't my vehicle.
Won't bother me...
1000077261.jpg

Back