Talion The Max 6 is HUGE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhett

Starvin Delmarvin
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
I didn't realize how much bigger the Max 6 to the BLX185 wow lol... can't wait to play with this ,it's a monster but will fit snugly

15567267354183016034196924590953.jpg

I didn't realize how much bigger the max 6 to the blx 185 wow lol... can't wait to play with this ,it's a monster but will fit snugly
I used a dremel and got rid of the lip on the ESC tray. That will let you fit it better. I used to use zip ties but they ultimately come lose and they are hard on the already flimsy fan. I'm trying gorilla mounting tape now.

I used a dremel and got rid of the lip on the ESC tray. That will let you fit it better. I used to use zip ties but they ultimately come lose and they are hard on the already flimsy fan. I'm trying gorilla mounting tape now.
Thank you for the info and the heads up on coming lose.

I used to use zip ties but they ultimately come lose and they are hard on the already flimsy fan. I'm trying gorilla mounting tape now.

I use both!

I don't like having the ziptie, but I don't like the esc popping loose and slamming around into stuff if the tape lets go either. Had that happen on my savage flux. The esc went straight into the spur gear. Tore up the wires a bit, luckily it didn't chew up the esc lead wire.

Would be a bit different on all my other trucks though as the esc is in front of the spur or the spur has a cover. Still, don't want that thing coming loose. Aside from the batteries, the esc is the most expensive part on the truck. In most cases, at least mine, it is the most expensive part... if I exclude the gopro on the hood. lol!

Am I the only one that tapped the holes on the bottom of the Max6 and screwed it to the ESC tray? I figured tape would be a PITA when it came time to tear down for cleanings

Am I the only one that tapped the holes on the bottom of the Max6 and screwed it to the ESC tray? I figured tape would be a PITA when it came time to tear down for cleanings
How did you screw it in? Please explain!

How did you screw it in? Please explain!
There are 4 holes in the bottom of the Max6.
3 out of the the 4 can be threaded for m3 screws and fastened to the plastic ESC tray from underneath. IMO, Makes for a clean, secure mounting option without having to deal with the tape or zip ties.
Plus it's easy to take apart and clean

IMG_9752.JPG

There are 4 holes in the bottom of the Max6.
3 out of the the 4 can be threaded for m3 screws and fastened to the plastic ESC tray from underneath. IMO, Makes for a clean, secure mounting option without having to deal with the tape or zip ties.
Plus it's easy to take apart and clean

View attachment 37110
That's awesome! How long should the screws be?

If I remember correctly, the holes on the bottom miked out at 6mm deep so I would've used 3x8's

How did you mark the ESC tray so you knew where to make the holes in it?
Ok I'll try to explain this best I can....
Take the ESC and place it down on a piece of blank paper. Trace the footprint of the ESC and cut out the shape with scissors. Take your paper pattern and flip the ESC over.
This next step is similar to "stone rubbing" (if you've never heard of stone rubbing look here --->
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_rubbing )
Get a crayon or piece of pencil lead and lay it flat on the paper and rub it all across the paper to to get the exact location of the holes. After you have the pattern from the bottom of the ESC take the paper and place it on the top side of the ESC tray and drill your holes using the paper template you've made. Discard the template and mount your ESC with screws from the bottom up through the plastic ESC tray. Now you're ready to bolt the ESC tray down to the chassis like you normally would.

Edit to add a couple pics of pattern rubbing
Didn't have an ESC so I did this on the bottom of a stapler to demonstrate how it works to get an exact pattern from an object
IMG_9756.JPG
IMG_9757.JPG

Last edited:
I let the screw do the tapping, same as with any new plastic parts that have the holes but no threads yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back