The moment you realized there is no cure for RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 2wd Slash when I realized I couldn't fly race drones. I haven't given up but plan to get a trainer sim so I can learn properly.
Anyway, I enjoyed the Slash so I continued to read and research for something faster. Watched tons of YT and decided I wanted Arrma. Meantime I bought a 3s brushless Redcat MT10E and it was a beast. Still is really.
Again, I needed more and paid attention to Arrma 6s and decided that I wanted a Talion because the Kraton was the one that was most popular and I wanted to try something a little less common.
There were no 6s Arrma vehicles available and no relief in sight and my money was burning holes in my pocket. I had a friend with the XMAXX 8s and a couple others that insisted I would have better support with TRXs so I pulled the trigger on a E-Revo 2 and was let down. It broke like it was made to break. Maybe my driving and maybe not but I figured I'd give it one more rip and spend for the Talion V3 that had come back in stock.
I got the Talion in and was done trying to find which manufacturer I wanted to invest in. I almost immediately sold the ER2.0 to the guy with the XMAXX at a big loss. Had to install two new servos, limiting straps mod, etc....took a hit and was almost disenchanted with surface RC because of that Traxxas truggy.
Time has passed now and I have seven Arrma models. A couple 3s and five 6s. Of course I'm not done. In the middle of the buying I picked up a couple WLToys little trucks that are ok but nothing replaces Arrma for me and crawling isn't my thing so probably won't go there too much outside of getting one for the looks.
Upgrades packages show up constantly and I love these vehicles.
I always suggest the parts cross-utilization of Arrma models as a main reason why I stick with this single designer but it doesn't take the place of out of the box speed and durability. I've never been "mad" at my Arrma trucks like I was with the ER-2.0. I've only felt like I got a great value and a great product that is enjoyable to work on and upgrades are voluntary rather than necessary (when I started buying, the radio was Tactic TTX300)
I'll keep being hooked on all RC and look forward to more every day.
Here's what I have now among several quads and a few planes and countless lipos, spares and tools. I also bought a shed/shop that is specific for my RC addiction. Guy like @Notorious J have seen my addiction develop ? :

2wd VXL Slash
TRMT10E
E-Revo 2.0 (SOLD)
Talion v3
Notorious v3
Big Rock CC BLX 3s
Typhon 6s v3
Kraton v4
Granite BLX 3s
Mojave
Couple 1:18 wltoys models
Nice collection!!

The grasshopper hooked me back in the 80’s too! ?
That was my first kit as well. It also got me back in when i was at a hobby shop with my son looking for parts to resurrect my HPI RS4 Nitro MT and saw the Grasshopper on the shelf...

I forgot about the Hornet, that was about the time I got started/dreaming RC. I eventually got a used RC10 that I kept alive with chicken wire and superglue. I was broke as a kid, my parents would never spend that much on me lol.

I see you are in Bartlett. The store was Venture Hobbies in Wheeling IL, 1984.

It always starts with "Let me just see if I even like it"..

For me it's over when my thought process is "let's see if I click on this 'add to cart' button" while ignoring any reasonable sense until the CB is burnt... Then comes the feeling of mixed shame and jubilation.... ??

When I was crazy gluing beer caps onto one of these in the 80’s, I wonder what ever happened to it.

Attachments

• 6E08CF1B-D9DC-4B1C-9A4E-7109EB2D2668.jpeg
    6E08CF1B-D9DC-4B1C-9A4E-7109EB2D2668.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 61
It was a Tamiya Frog, sometime around 1984 or 85 I think.. quickly followed by a Blackfoot. Then I discovered Nitro cars and played with those for a while.. I remember crashing my HPI Rs4 Super Nitro into my neighbors garage door hard and him calling the cops lol. Good times

It was a Tamiya Frog, sometime around 1984 or 85 I think.. quickly followed by a Blackfoot. Then I discovered Nitro cars and played with those for a while.. I remember crashing my HPI Rs4 Super Nitro into my neighbors garage door hard and him calling the cops lol. Good times
I bet the cops chewed him out for wasting their time lol.
Definitely buyer's remorse lol, whenever I buy something a bit expensive that I don't actually need... I don't actually regret anything, but I don't feel totally confident with what I've just done
I know how that feels, I try to think of things to sell to recoup some cash, but I never do it lol.

I got back into RC a year and a half ago, since the early 90's. Started out with the cheap brushed stuff like Redcat, Traxxas Slash etc, then converting to brushless. Although fun, I got bored way too quickly. The moment came when I bought a used Senton 6s on Ebay. For the first time I put two 3 cell batteries in, pulled the trigger and oh sheeeeeet!? It was all over for me after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back