Is there an RC season or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMDUK

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Is there a RC season? Are your cars only out for part of the year?

I have some that I won't run in the snow or mud, others run all year. I'm in the northeastern US. We have 2 seasons here, July and winter, LOL. Just kiddin of course, we get maybe 4 to 5 months of above freezing temps. Bearings will be sacrificed to snow bashing for sure, plastics are "less" flexible but honestly, I haven't really experienced much of a difference in broken parts while snow bashing.. I'd go crazy if I were to pack it in every winter!

I have some that I won't run in the snow or mud, others run all year. I'm in the northeastern US. We have 2 seasons here, July and winter, LOL. Just kiddin of course, we get maybe 4 to 5 months of above freezing temps. Bearings will be sacrificed to snow bashing for sure, plastics are "less" flexible but honestly, I haven't really experienced much of a difference in broken parts while snow bashing.. I'd go crazy if I were to pack it in every winter!
We have the opposite here. January/February, Summer!!
Too hot to run RC's outdoors right now. I go to an indoor track when I can.

If only ran in "nice" weather, i'd only be running 3 or 4 months out of the year.

I have summer bashers and winter bashers though.

Only weather related, no fun at 100F (40C), rest is season. Below freezing you have to deal with breaking plastic, but there are fixes for that as well.

Is there a RC season? Are your cars only out for part of the year?
Definitely. The season apparently starts at middle age, when you can finally afford it to some degree, and ends either when you die or are threatened with divorce. The weather really makes no difference.

That's when you shift to the RC boats in the pool. Still RCing!!! :LOL:
Right!? Great idea! Funny thing is, I have a nice small lake down the hill from my front yard..it's about 200 yards acrossed and 7/8 of a mile long. Yet, I have no real interest in rc boats🤷‍♂️
Actually I am interested, just not enough to spend the money on,LOL.

Done exactly that, cars in winter/spring and boats during rest, with a healthy mix of overlapping. The only issue is room in the car, which limits the daily activity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back