Thoughts on the Milwaukee Packout system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipSide

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
Hey!

I am severely running out of space in my garage. It is not very big and contains about 10 bikes + workstand, 3 RCs, a snowblower, tools and spares for everything. Basically, organization is key and I do not have the luxury of classifying all the stuff in super large bins. I am constantly making progress in terms of organization and I am now considering building a rolling organizer based on the Milwaukee Packout system.

What I have in mind:
1705079216212.png

It is not cheap, but I view it as extremely functional and will be great for organizing my stuff. Note that I already have a full-blown work bench, a 4-drawers Husky cabinet. It will only complement the storage/organizers I already have.

Does anyone use the Packout stuff and/or built some kind of rolling station like that? Any advice and recommendation regarding the Milwaukee Packout system are welcome.

Thanks!

@FlipSide I have a number of packout boxes and they are very nice.

There are also a number of other companies that offer similar setups. One that really stands out to me is the Toughbuild Stacktech, newer to the market but a lot of nice things coming out soon.

If you're handy with tools, building your own shelves and work bench is another great solution.

I have pack outs in my work van that get the poop beat out of them. I’ve had them for four years now and not one issue. I like how all the containers lock into one another.

But as said there are other brands that cost less and achieve the same results.

But if your a Milwaukee guy as I am then I totally understand.

Like the idea. Unless you're just into the Packout system, you could probably get by with a cheaper alternative if it's mostly going to live in the garage.

Thanks to all of you!

I don't think building it myself is an option. I can build some simple stuff, but I am afraid something like that is out of range for my talent and tools if I want the end result to be really nice. I really want/need a rolling cart with drawers.

The idea of the Packout system, even though it will live in the garage, is for 2 reasons:
- Future-proof the system. If it turns out that the 4 drawers would be better for my needs, it'll be easy to swap that. If I want to change the tool box model between the top work space and the drawer modules, it'll be easy.
- I like having all my biking gear always prepared for the next ride. I was thinking of getting the Packout milk-crate, in which my stuff will be ready to go, and put my bike tools in the top box of the stack I presented in my original post. When I'm ready to go, click-click, I have my tools and gear in a single unit, ready to throw in the car. I ride a few times per week, often after work and preparation in advance is key to be efficient. Running around the house to gather all my gear before a ride is not an option. Actually, it's a great way to forget stuff and show up at the trail head without shoes or helmet. :)

The more I think about it, the stack I showed in my first post would be quite perfect for my needs. I checked Thoughbuilt StackTech. They have super nice products, but the price is similar to Milwaukee and I am not sure they are available in Canada.

Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back