Throttle trim on radio how to prevent accidental destruction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishV12

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Well tonight while running my Notorious for the first time in the house I adjusted the trim maybe a little too rapidly and sent my new RC running right into my foot. Hurts! But didn't break anything. This got me thinking that while it's nice to be able to adjust on the fly it's not so nice if my kid does the same and sends it flying somewhere or hurts himself. Not too impressed with the radio to be honest. The throttle trim could of been a feature only available while programming endpoints for example. This to me is dangerous... not like you can let go the throttle and the RC will come to a halt. You adjust the trim and the thing becomes a projectile.

Its a 1/8th scale truck.. It really don't belong setting anything other then the ESC inside... Can't be mad at the car for doing what you told it to do.

Besides it does not go FLYING forward unless u turned the dial ALL the way up! I set all this when i first got mine a cpl days ago and didn't send the car flying as a uncontrollable projectile.. because I went slow with the dials.

Also set your ESC throttle punch to something more to your liking and the car wont SCREAM forward right away.

I have no idea why there is a throttle trim on these radios that ship with trucks with electric motors. Absolutely no need. Throttle trim is for nitro trucks that use a servo to control throttle linkage. That said, TraverseCity420 is right. No way should you be running an 1/8 scale truck capable of 60 mph in your house. I’m glad no one got seriously hurt.

Not planning on running the truck inside either...other than setting things up which is what I was doing and I suppose I should of not turned the dial as quickly as I did still new to the truck but it does not change the fact I cannot trust anyone really with the remote. If they turn the dial by mistake or even if I make the same mistake thinking it's the steering by mistake can make it go forward/backwards at great speed. If it was a slight speed forwards/backwards just to adjust the middle point it wouldn't be a problem. Now I'm thinking about filing the button down and notching it so it can be adjusted with a screwdriver. I'm sure it's not something you touch all that frequently. With my XMaxx and Stampede it's not even on the remote.

20190105_140124.jpg

Adjustment not necessary well that's good to know. Wish the manual was easier to pick up and read.

these things def don't belong in a house but the throttle trim is stupid... When i first got mine i took it all apart and when i reassembled it the trim got out of whack and the truck wouldnt move... i spent like an hr trying to diagnose and took servo wires in and out 20x before realizing the trim was set too much to one side...turned dial and it fixed it immediately...

these things def don't belong in a house but the throttle trim is stupid... When i first got mine i took it all apart and when i reassembled it the trim got out of whack and the truck wouldnt move... i spent like an hr trying to diagnose and took servo wires in and out 20x before realizing the trim was set too much to one side...turned dial and it fixed it immediately...

Taking your truck apart moved the trim dial?

no, when i had the thing all apart i ran out of stuff to do so i started messing with the controller and looking at all the stuff in the book...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back