Granite Tire Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC4LIFE2700

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey I got an Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX and was curious what tires are compatible and what people use. I have heard terms like "offset" and I am kind of put off by them. I understand that the wheel hex has to be the same size and the tire can't be large enough to rub on the chassis/body. I am pretty sure the granite has a 14mm hex and 12mm is the standard size. Can I get adapters? What else do I need to know when looking for tires? Any recommendations?

Thanks

you would be looking for 2.8 tires. This lineup does have 14mm hex. 12mm is more common but you can find adaptors from proline wheels that have the 14mm hubs. They have slightly more offset which means they will stick out a few mm more, which people often prefer. This wont be an issue since every body except the SC don't cover the wheels and typically don't have concerns of rubbing. Duratrax also sells tires with the wheels in 14mm. You can always look into using stock wheels and gluing aftermarket tires.

Offset just determines how much a wheel sticks out. A wheel with positive offset makes the track width narrower, while a wheel with negative offset makes the track width wider.

If I were to get another set of tires, I would get the Proline Badlands MX28s. The Proline raid wheels have changeable hexes, so I would probably choose that.

Agree. More options now than previous. Honestly, the stock tires are pretty good on the granite. The Senton tires wear out really fast. Proline Trenchers and Badlands are the most popular 2.8 upgrades.

I tried Duratrax Six Packs, then Proline Trenchers. I like the stock better. I bought a second set of stocks because mine are about wore out.

The six-packs were OK. They didnt balloon at all....but I have no issues with the stocks ballooning.

The Trenchers - did not like them AT ALL. They would traction roll all the time. Could barely turn at speed.

I love the stocks - plenty of traction, and just the right amount of slip. I love being able to slide a bit on the street without rolling, and they make a cool tire sound too when I brake/turn into a 180 slide. lol.

@RC4LIFE2700

I've had success with the Duratrax and Proline 2.8 with the 14mm on the BR and Granite BLX rigs.... Using the Duratrax Stakker and I have the Proline Bandland that I swap with sometimes.... all hook-up damn good Duratrax just has a cheaper feel... Proline has the adapter if I want to ever do 17mm but I've had no issues with the 14mm hex or any issues bashing with 14mm sets above. I do use Traxxas anodized serrated and flanged nuts for a much better bit compared to the Arrma nuts. How they self lock is a pain to get off when I need to remove...bit good!

I do this for all tires but BALANCE. The Duratrax is bad out the package but balancing the tires helps a lot for a true roll. Vent and I use 2x 90mm o-rings on each tire so ballooning not an issue for me

I am pretty sure the granite has a 14mm hex and 12mm is the standard size. Can I get adapters? What else do I need to know when looking for tires? Any recommendations?
You can get adapters for 14 to 12mm or 14 to 17mm. Both will open up more wheel options. I went the 17mm route and use Proline MX28's and Trenchers.

@RC4LIFE2700

I've had success with the Duratrax and Proline 2.8 with the 14mm on the BR and Granite BLX rigs.... Using the Duratrax Stakker and I have the Proline Bandland that I swap with sometimes.... all hook-up damn good Duratrax just has a cheaper feel... Proline has the adapter if I want to ever do 17mm but I've had no issues with the 14mm hex or any issues bashing with 14mm sets above. I do use Traxxas anodized serrated and flanged nuts for a much better bit compared to the Arrma nuts. How they self lock is a pain to get off when I need to remove...bit good!

I do this for all tires but BALANCE. The Duratrax is bad out the package but balancing the tires helps a lot for a true roll. Vent and I use 2x 90mm o-rings on each tire so ballooning not an issue for me
Curious how you place the 90mm O rings?🤔

Back