Senton Tires no more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Has anyone had an issue destroying brand new stock tires! I killed mine on the first run.

Has anyone had an issue destroying brand new stock tires! I killed mine on the first run.
What happened to them? Horizon might warranty them if the damage wasn’t from user error.

What happened to them? Horizon might warranty them if the damage wasn’t from user error.
They just shredded but I already pulled them off the rims and put some junk ones in I had laying around from my slash

Yes thats normal. I am not trying a smart ass, but it happened to me i already have gone through 3 sets of duratrax, 2 sets of dboots, and 1 set prolines. So about 300$ in just tires. Thats in a period of 4 months.
I really don’t Mind buying new tires for the truck I was just curious if it was a common issue. But after running that thing and seeing how much power it has I can tell I’m gonna have to stock up on tires

I really don’t Mind buying new tires for the truck I was just curious if it was a common issue. But after running that thing and seeing how much power it has I can tell I’m gonna have to stock up on tires
Yea man it sucks i think i am going to start venting my tires, hopefully it gives me a better result :)

I was thinking about doing the same thing let me know how it works
Yes actually i been practicing putting holes in an old tire that way the hole can come clean on the new tires, but i think my drill bits are too small. So i am going to the hardware store to get like a 2.5mm to 3.0mm drill bits. Ill let you know if its a better alternative. :)

What I use is a small diamond wheel point in my dremel. Specifically, This One. crank the RPM up and it basically melts its way through the rubber and leaves a nice hole behind. It is fast, you can do it with the tires mounted (doesn't 'grab' the foam or anything when it pokes through), and I haven't had any tires I've done it to fail at the holes yet.

What I use is a small diamond wheel point in my dremel. Specifically, This One. crank the RPM up and it basically melts its way through the rubber and leaves a nice hole behind. It is fast, you can do it with the tires mounted (doesn't 'grab' the foam or anything when it pokes through), and I haven't had any tires I've done it to fail at the holes yet.
Thank you for the tip :)

I use scissors (the nail kind) to cut holes in my mounted tires. Unbelievably, they didn't fall apart, granted, on 3s only.
Pinch the tire, cut off the pinched bit, you get a nice oval shaped hole.

Drill bits make a mess.

This is one of the best and easier ways I've seen tire venting done, I just did my second set of Backflips earlier today. Just remember to remove the drilled out piece of rubber from the tubing after doing each tire.

Yes actually i been practicing putting holes in an old tire that way the hole can come clean on the new tires, but i think my drill bits are too small. So i am going to the hardware store to get like a 2.5mm to 3.0mm drill bits. Ill let you know if its a better alternative. :)
Thank you and good luck I hope it works out great for you

I found that the front fenders were cutting into the front tires when they were ballooning under high RPM and slicing the tires (probably when landing and steering while ballooned). The centrifugal force would then cause the tires to shred. I have since trimmed back the front fenders in the area where I'm pointing in the photo and I haven't cut a tire yet. There were witness marks on the, "sharp" corner of the fender where the tires were rubbing the paint off.
I had upgraded to a Hobbywing 4000kv brushless motor, so the wheel speed can be much higher than the stock, brushed motor that came on my Senton originally. I don't know if the stock motor would create enough wheel speed to cause the slice.
I hope this helps others having the mysterious tire shred issue!

IMG_20200409_135854.jpg

Sent these pics to HH after only 2 weeks of ownership. They just confirmed a new set is on its way. Great customer service!!

Attachments

• 91492237-AD90-41DB-9C90-004EB5FD883A.jpeg
    91492237-AD90-41DB-9C90-004EB5FD883A.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 96
  • A8F250F2-E3CE-4E03-B72F-5EEE79CD5630.jpeg
    A8F250F2-E3CE-4E03-B72F-5EEE79CD5630.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 67
Good god, that isn't shredded! That's pure explosion!

Less then a months time I have destroyed all the original tires for 2 trucks with in the first week. After I threw a couple away I started to take pics of damage. Currently both trucks we use are running the lockup st tires from duratrax.

Attachments

• A79EC02B-2D2C-4E07-AF08-40D76A4DF96C.jpeg
    A79EC02B-2D2C-4E07-AF08-40D76A4DF96C.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 66
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back