TO reuse or not to reuse??,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNT1

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Infraction 4x4
Just need some opinions on this lipo. Is it usable or don't take the chance? Thanks!
20230829_164722.jpg
20230829_164725.jpg

I would definitely consider taking it apart (if you're comfortable with it) first before I gained confidence in the lipo health. That's just me. Pics are slightly blurry so it's a little hard to tell details. If I didn't feel comfortable though, I'd probably chuck it.

Side note: I've been considering those HRB premiums. How do you like them?

I would definitely consider taking it apart (if you're comfortable with it) first before I gained confidence in the lipo health. That's just me. Pics are slightly blurry so it's a little hard to tell details. If I didn't feel comfortable though, I'd probably chuck it.

Side note: I've been considering those HRB premiums. How do you like them?

Yeah,Im thinking the same. No complaints on the hrb's! Good run time but I think ill order hard case lipos.
Try it again

20230829_170310.jpg

20230829_170318.jpg

20230829_164725.jpg

Use fiberglass drywall tape to secure it.

Then Send it!

That's a tough call... be very careful when charging and storing.

Since I drive otr I think ill just chuck it. Cant take a chance while im away from home.

What does your charger have to say on the subject? If all the numbers are good I would give it a good duct tape wrap and call it good. Ugly doesn't always mean bad.

What does your charger have to say on the subject? If all the numbers are good I would give it a good duct tape wrap and call it good. Ugly doesn't always mean bad.

haven't attempted to charge it. Car still ran after though.

I mean just go through the settings, cell voltage, resistance, and so on. If all the numbers are good then your battery is just ugly. I can live with ugly. I would make sure it's healthy before you try charging it. If it has a short in it it will show up on your charger's voltage meters.

I mean just go through the settings, cell voltage, resistance, and so on. If all the numbers are good then your battery is just ugly. I can live with ugly. I would make sure it's healthy before you try charging it. If it has a short in it it will show up on your charger's voltage meters.

Well I hooked it up and the charger wont touch it so its trashed. I started with discharging it. It is what it is. Thanks though! Much appreciated.

Then your charger has given it's opinion. Thumbs down!

Then your charger has given it's opinion. Thumbs down!
Yessir! Its goin goin gone. Ill order another. Thanks for your thoughts! 👍

I would immediately discharge the battery and put it away. But you already wrote that.
Regarding the apartment fire: I assume that he charged the batteries openly. I load into safety bags and only if I can be there. I store my batteries in ammunition boxes ( without seal ) if they have storage voltage. Maybe that's exaggerated German safety thinking, but lipos are no fun.
It's important that no flames can spread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back