Senton Too slot or not too slot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Joe

Problems never solved, just rearranged
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
I’m on the fence about slotting chassis under spur for dirt removal or taping to keep stuff out,
I do most of my ripping in the grass, hard dirt & street or late night bake & bash in driveway ???? Just might need a nudge to one or the other
Thanks

I think slotting for the spur gear works for the most part. Just from experimenting with other type chassis using tape over an existing slotted chassis'. I don't have a 4x4., But others have tried this and it works for them. Hopefully others will chime in with more practical experience with the 4x4 chassis.
:cool:

I prefer sealed..?..?
Based on what was under module when I got it out was a lot less then I expected, was it your trick with tape I was looking at? CRS lately ?

E30E494A-CA8C-4C6A-B695-CECFDE006601.jpeg

It is possible for sure.. its come up many times, and I usually do reply to them as they are posted...

I use a 3m double sided tape around the spur opening, while leaving the red backer on it to allow it to still slide on the chassis floor..?.. seems to work quite well for me in all my plastic chassis arrma rigs..

I just cleaned everything put it back together
Got battery charging now for a bake & bash in driveway with Big Rock ?????

I slotted mine and haven't had any issues. I run in loose sand/dirt and it was making its way in no matter what I did to seal it. Nice thing about the slot is its easy to spot wear on the spur. But given what you run on. I'd say keep it sealed

Slotted both of my 3s rigs and made a huge difference. I run on loose fine gravel and so much was getting trapped in the power module. But now it just falls straight out. One of the best mods have done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back