Vendetta Voltage Too High?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Senton Mega
  5. Vendetta
  6. Infraction 4x4
As some of you may know I'm trying to hit 100mph with my stock vendetta that has a Spektrum 120a esc in it as the only change other than the pinion.

Coming up short repeatedly I bought a HV 8000mah 130c 4s brick. Ran it once in my Mojave to see if it would wheelie like on 6s.

Charged it to cap and when I plug it into my vendetta or infraction 3s (both have 120a 4s Spektrum escs) the light flashes green on the esc as if it was in thermal shutdown.

Could this be bc the voltage is too high on the batt? Measures 17.2v total.

In other news both of my battery alarm/checkers are acting funny, giving me differing cell voltages on the batt. Thoughts?

I really want that hundo 😒

While I was waiting for someone to chime in here (I know yall were busy watching my videos and stuff so no worries) I discharged the brick to 17.2v (4.3 per cell) and the Vendetta fired right up! It's back on like...you know 😉

As some of you may know I'm trying to hit 100mph with my stock vendetta that has a Spektrum 120a esc in it as the only change other than the pinion.

Coming up short repeatedly I bought a HV 8000mah 130c 4s brick. Ran it once in my Mojave to see if it would wheelie like on 6s.

Charged it to cap and when I plug it into my vendetta or infraction 3s (both have 120a 4s Spektrum escs) the light flashes green on the esc as if it was in thermal shutdown.

Could this be bc the voltage is too high on the batt? Measures 17.2v total.

In other news both of my battery alarm/checkers are acting funny, giving me differing cell voltages on the batt. Thoughts?

I really want that hundo 😒

Correct, esc has over voltage protection, it will not run hv packs.. they can be charged as normal, 4.20v per cell and be run that way.. but that's all the esc will take..

You can still get some use out of the hv though... charge the packs, upping the end voltage until the esc over volts.. that will be your end usable voltage.. there isn't much if any documentation on the actual voltage cutoff number, so you basically just need to push and see .

While I was waiting for someone to chime in here (I know yall were busy watching my videos and stuff so no worries) I discharged the brick to 17.2v (4.3 per cell) and the Vendetta fired right up! It's back on like...you know 😉

There you go.. you have your number.. 😎

Took the vendetta out to a new location today, wide open spot and did some pulls on 2x 7200mAh 120c 2s and then 1x 8000mAh 130c 4s HV packs. Although I got longer run times on the HV pack I still wasn't able to hit much more than 86mph even tho I kept the batteries warm before the runs.

Got back home and realized I had a 26t pinion gear in there. So in true rc crackhead fashion, I threw the 29t pinion in the vendetta and the 27t pinion in the Infraction and I'm headed back there even tho it's 37 degrees out. For science!

Back