Granite Took one to the shin today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemenaker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I went off the jump I had setup in the front yard. My son (a toddler) was standing right in front of me, and i was down range of the ramp. Came off the ramp at a bad angle, and my Granite was flying right towards us. Got my leg up, couldn't get my foot all the way up to take it in the bottom of my sandal, and took a 35+MPH granite to the shin. It hurt, there was blood. My son is safe.

Just thought I'd share, I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened.

Later on, tried to make a video of my truck fish tailing in the dirt on the driveway, and caught me flipping it at the end of the fish tail. LOL

edit:

realize this should probably be in general chaos.

I just got my Kraton today. First ever scale RC (car)

Within 2 minutes of handing the controls to my girlfriend, she drove it directly into my shin (I'm assuming not on purpose!). So I'm there with you tonight with a couple cuts and some blood lol.

Last edited:
I've never hit myself with a RC but had others that have. One of my bash buddies hit me twice in the same night and it hurt, thought my toenail was off until I took off my shoe, foot hurt for days.

I've had a lot of close calls but can only imagine if it hit me would hurt bad...sorry man

I've run into both of my legs like an idiot when I first got it. Hurt like hell but kept a poker face. Bruises lasted a week or more each lol. Was going quick.

One of my biggest fears is running my truck into someone and hurting them. 15 years ago when I had brushed Stampede, I used to run my truck all the time and I would get a crowd watching. These days, with brushless power and a 50+ MPH truck, I freak out when people come out to watch. It doesn't take much to lose control of your truck and send it flying or cartwheeling or for some little kid to run out in front of your car and get hit without you even knowing that they are there. These days, if kids come out while I am driving my truck or if people come to the park where I like to drive, I just stop and call it a day. Call me paranoid, but a 50+ MPH truck hitting a 5 year old kid would cause some serious injuries to that kid. I don't even want to begin to chance it.

And by the way, I've run my truck into my shins as well. Hurts like ****. I don't even know why I didn't stop or turn to avoid ... myself:oops:.

I took a hard shot from a Typhon 3S at about 45mph doing some parking lot drifting. The tires warmed up and hooked instead of drifting and it shot straight at me. Broke a toe and lost my large toenail. I chuckle every time I remember how stupid I was.

I went off the jump I had setup in the front yard. My son (a toddler) was standing right in front of me, and i was down range of the ramp. Came off the ramp at a bad angle, and my Granite was flying right towards us. Got my leg up, couldn't get my foot all the way up to take it in the bottom of my sandal, and took a 35+MPH granite to the shin. It hurt, there was blood. My son is safe.

Just thought I'd share, I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened.

Later on, tried to make a video of my truck fish tailing in the dirt on the driveway, and caught me flipping it at the end of the fish tail. LOL

edit:

realize this should probably be in general chaos.
I put a mate's gf in hospital once with my typhon, she took a titanium tower to the shin about 25 mph. Knocked her clean off her feet but she got right up and started laughing. Wasn't until we got back to a friends place 5 minutes later that she looked 2 inch gash in her shin needed 8 stitches not nice. Ended up in A and E for a few hours with. Really made me realise how bad the spectrum radio really is because the car just sped off. Not cool and pretty dangerous really. I've switched back to Tatic now ❤️ it

I took it to the legs twice. Wow holy s!;:;:t. Granite brushless. Thank god it wasn’t full speed. Till I wised up. Now I sit on tailgate of one of our trucks.

jim

There is a Tosh.O web redemption that posted a couple of days ago of a guy who hit himself speed running

Well i can stupidly admit to being the biggest idiot here i was speed runing my
Inferno gt2 with my home made aluminium front splitter and it hit a high patch on the road and turned the car 90 degrees to where i was standing .i wad like a Deer in the car headlights it was doing 80mph when it hit my foot .
5 days in hospital and 12 weeks off work
And you can tell by the picture why i think i will leave this speed running alone for a bit and go back to bashing.
Resized_Screenshot_20200406-172248_Gmail.jpeg

Dude that is absolutely gruesome!
That has to be the freakiest accident I've ever seen. Glad you're ok after that!!

Dude that is absolutely gruesome!
That has to be the freakiest accident I've ever seen. Glad you're ok after that!!
Thanks mate.
I had that many different doctors wanting to have a look at it because they couldn't believe a kids toy could do that. I had to keep telling them no its a big kids toy??.
But i am lucky it wasn't going any faster or my foot might have gone flying like the lipos did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back