Tower to Tower Brace Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I'm working on my 2nd version of a tower to tower brace. I'm using 1" square aluminum pipe. I was trying to notch the back like @-Dusty- did but as you can see here I am not going to be able to slide the brace down onto the shock tower because of the wing mount:

20181006_114904.jpg

That got me thinking. What about flipping it over and sliding it UP?

20181006_115007.jpg
20181006_114930.jpg

This could work, right? How would you secure it? I'm going to notch it a little deeper. My dremmel is charging at the moment. Thoughts?

I'm working on my 2nd version of a tower to tower brace. I'm using 1" square aluminum pipe. I was trying to notch the back like @-Dusty- did but as you can see here I am not going to be able to slide the brace down onto the shock tower because of the wing mount:

View attachment 22742

View attachment 22743View attachment 22744

This could work, right? How would you secure it? I'm going to notch it a little deeper. My dremmel is charging at the moment. Thoughts?
Top is even better use zip ties to secure it

I actually got it that way on my outcast because I have Hot racing towers and they don't have the meat to hook on the bottom. I just use two crossing zip ties. You will probably want to use the roll cage with this set up though because any rough roof landings will probably push the brace down and break the zip ties

looks like I need to put a cap on this aluminum. Its chewing up my wingmount

IMG_0310 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Could try it out without the roll cage. Get a little thicker zip ties. Will probably hold up

I have been checking on n some info and I haven't tried but I was thinking if you can purchase carbon fiber tube and install thread inserts ( carbon fiber arrow) drill holes in front tower and put a piece of flat aluminum bar across back tower under body mount and bolt together. Drill hole in center of flat bar and use larger drill bit and counter sink hole and use thread inset to mount rear end of carbon fiber. I like the use of t2t brace but want to be mounted securely. If no one gets a chance to try this will post the mod

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back