Limitless Tp motors?? Anyone using this setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have this combo in my limitless jota build and it was awesome. I geared for about 85 mph and bashed like that with a server fan hooked to a tiny 3s lipo. Some speedrunners here have hit 170 mph+ with that setup no problem if thats what you're into. Great motor! I currently have mine in a stretched typhon with an mmx8s.

What RC is this going into? Will you be speed running, drag racing, or street bashing? I have a 4070 2200KV paired with an XLX2, in my Drag Limitless.
Not trying to be a smartarse, but it's in the Limitless section...my money is on Limitless. :)

Thanks smart-ass! 👍 I didn't notice.
I'm not trying to be mean, but learn how to spell.
lol...we obviously haven't had much contact on here. I'm anal retentive about spelling (being called a spelling Nazi is not foreign to me) and my use of the term arse was deliberate. I enjoy mixing different flavors of the English language. A little British, a dash of Scottish. Their spelling is no less valid and seeing as they're the originators of the language, I'm more than willing to defer to them (even though American English is my native tongue).

FWIW, that's not being mean. No harm, no foul. :)

I used to have this combo in my limitless jota build and it was awesome. I geared for about 85 mph and bashed like that with a server fan hooked to a tiny 3s lipo. Some speedrunners here have hit 170 mph+ with that setup no problem if thats what you're into. Great motor! I currently have mine in a stretched typhon with an mmx8s.
That’s awesome to hear so I’m on the right track then this is my first speed rc a limitless v2. Glad to hear I made a good choice. Do you have any pics of your set up?

Currently purchased a tp motor 4070cm 2200 kv and thinking about a xlx2 mamba esc. I’d like your opinion on gearing and what can I expect out of this setup?
I’ve done 175mph with it in vendetta, and vte2

They are a great setup to run just don’t overgear them.
I have 3 of that specific motor and about 8-10 4070/40670cm/4070svm variations. They all perform great.

I’ve done 175mph with it in vendetta, and vte2

They are a great setup to run just don’t overgear them.
I have 3 of that specific motor and about 8-10 4070/40670cm/4070svm variations. They all perform great.
Wow that’s awesome brotha yeah I won’t be running too often maybe a few times a month and the hearing will be conservative. Can this combo run 8s. I’m still debating xlx2 mamba or hobby wing max 5. What are your thoughts about esc. Also I do like the team corally esc 185 amps. But still doing research and getting opinions from the community about the esc
What RC is this going into? Will you be speed running, drag racing, or street bashing? I have a 4070 2200KV paired with an XLX2, in my Drag Limitless.
Yes very similar limitless v2 either drag or just street speed runs w friends m. He’s got an infraction on 8s I just want to be a challenge I have an infraction on 6s stock currently and he was smoking me lol.

Wow that’s awesome brotha yeah I won’t be running too often maybe a few times a month and the hearing will be conservative. Can this combo run 8s. I’m still debating xlx2 mamba or hobby wing max 5. What are your thoughts about esc. Also I do like the team corally esc 185 amps. But still doing research and getting opinions from the community about the esc
There's really nothing to debate here. XLX2 any and every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The XLX2 will keep pulling long after the Max5 cut out due to over amperage. It's not even close. There's a reason why, virtually, all speed runners are on XLX2s. When it comes to amp limit and power delivery, the XLX2 is in a class of one (there are probably some MGM ESCs that could deliver but they cost 3-4x what you pay for an XLX2; it's an apples to oranges comparison). My personal opinion: don't bother with anything else. The MMX8S is a good ESC but it needs a cap pack. For the price of an MMX8S + cap pack you could have bought an XLX2 which will give you 200A+ more headroom.

lol...we obviously haven't had much contact on here. I'm anal retentive about spelling (being called a spelling Nazi is not foreign to me) and my use of the term arse was deliberate. I enjoy mixing different flavors of the English language. A little British, a dash of Scottish. Their spelling is no less valid and seeing as they're the originators of the language, I'm more than willing to defer to them (even though American English is my native tongue).

It's all good man. 👍 I didn't know that you did it on purpose. Bash on brotha! ✌️ 💪

You should take my advise and stop braking people’s balls on the hole language thing. You might be smartier than me, but irregardless I’m really adverse to people trying to illicit my grammer, I’m literally going to loose my sh*t. It’s a matter of principal. I can hear what your talking about, I ain’t moot.

There's really nothing to debate here. XLX2 any and every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The XLX2 will keep pulling long after the Max5 cut out due to over amperage. It's not even close. There's a reason why, virtually, all speed runners are on XLX2s. When it comes to amp limit and power delivery, the XLX2 is in a class of one (there are probably some MGM ESCs that could deliver but they cost 3-4x what you pay for an XLX2; it's an apples to oranges comparison). My personal opinion: don't bother with anything else. The MMX8S is a good ESC but it needs a cap pack. For the price of an MMX8S + cap pack you could have bought an XLX2 which will give you 200A+ more headroom.
Why does the mmx8s need a cap pack and xlx2 doesn’t??

You should take my advise and stop braking people’s balls on the hole language thing. You might be smartier than me, but irregardless I’m really adverse to people trying to illicit my grammer, I’m literally going to loose my sh*t. It’s a matter of principal. I can hear what your talking about, I ain’t moot.
Well, Jr744 was braking Diem's balls here on his spelling.

Why does the mmx8s need a cap pack and xlx2 doesn’t??
Caps make sure you get a clean and consistant voltage.
For regular use an esc should have sufficient cap's inside to operate within specs. But when you push things to the extreme, some extra (good quality) cap's don't hurt.

As the XLX2 is designed for more extreme use, it contains more/better caps than the mmx8s. You could still use a cap pack, but the XLX2 has proven to do good on it's own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back