Mojave TP POWER 8S MOJAVE VIDEO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
SETUP
TP power 4050 2100kv & max6 18/50
Kraton suspension mojave hubs&steering block
2.8 duratrax belted lockups w1/2 in. Back spacing. I had it as a monster truck with the big back flips, constantly destroying diffs.
Downsizing truck, going to go with either new belted duratrax 2.8 without back spacing or 3.8 badlands. Truck on 6s is close to the power stock mojave. On 7 and 8s its a game changer. Absolute animal!! Listen to the tires screaming for mercy. Major tire "fludder" can't give it more than half throttle for more than a second without it going up and out of control. I moved the battery packs all the way forward to put more weight on the front. Still wheelies. I can wheelie it down the road better than my notorious. IMO anything better than 6 in tires Destroys diffs unless you put hundreds of dollars in aluminum pieces. Motor mount and a couple other small pieces is all the aluminum is all I have to keep the weight down. I don't jump my truck, just roost it more of a power junkie, wholeshots tearing poop up kind of basher. I can't decide if I want to run it on 6s and gear up, run it on 7s gear up a little or leave it how it is and Destroy drivetrain most likely. What do yall think? I've learned with powerful vehicles, the more your tires spin the less you break. Big tires that grip destroy drivetrains. Anybody know if these TPs are waterproof? I highly recommend this motor for larger rigs with 18tooth and 5.4 in tires it runs super cool on 6s with high speed fans. 130 is hot as I could get it on 8s. Esc is less batteries were hot. I'll need bigger badder packs.

20200822_101559.jpg

20201118_173203.jpg

1607125282426894730422195251428.jpg

16071253762938871052590173719172.jpg

Nice rig. (y)
I am of the opinion that no Brushless motor is waterproof.?‍♂️ Water penetrates at the front bearing, and rear one if exposed also. The slightest moisture in a motor can wreak havoc, bearings and all. Just me. Not that I haven't got mine wet before. And I've seen the results. (n)
Others may differ on this.
:cool:

@jondilly1974 i tore up a belted 2.8 duratrax lockup..lol.belted fabric just around middle of tire.thats why sidewalls ballon..haven't even started gearing up yet...
@MFM i need some tires that can hang,u think 3.8 5.85in badlands????

View attachment 112467
No sir! U need the sweeps! Got a dozen speed passes on and off road w zero issues. One bash at my buddy’s farm had me re gluing my
Trenchers. I was able to save them. What gearing are u at
5C1285D3-3863-480F-9310-01B27659D5BA.png

I think ur motor puts out more rpm than mine do. U got a gps? I think if u drop the spur down to 46 u can really unleash more!
But not w them tires lol

I think ur motor puts out more rpm than mine do. U got a gps? I think if u drop the spur down to 46 u can really unleash more!
But not w them tires lol
For a 40×82mm motor its so much more than any 40mm motor ive tried.8s is almost to much .max6 will run on 7s thou so ill probably 19t or 20t on 7s.geared like this id guess 60-65.cant even get close to it.front end is to light at speed.
I'm getting a 1700kv 4050 next.less rpm,heat, an amp-draw.this 2100kv sucks some juice quik.you ever get bored of your new system..? you should check out some tp power.check out there websight,they have big motors that I bet would scream with that big ole CC esc you have.
No sir! U need the sweeps! Got a dozen speed passes on and off road w zero issues. One bash at my buddy’s farm had me re gluing my
Trenchers. I was able to save them. What gearing are u at View attachment 112469
Sweeps are to heavy for my mostly stock drivetrain.im so tired of f**king with diffs,I don't want to spend the money for alum.also don't want the weight.katar 6 for temporary ripping.not many 5.5-6 in worthy tires out there.

Last edited:
I’m still on 6s. I don’t like running multiple batts. Gonna order an 8s soon. I thought tp were drag motors. Was gonna go that would but didn’t wanna worry bout thermal shut downs. I’m balls deep in her and the fan hardly comes on! She didn’t even hit 80 degrees!

I’m still on 6s. I don’t like running multiple batts. Gonna order an 8s soon. I thought tp were drag motors. Was gonna go that would but didn’t wanna worry bout thermal shut downs. I’m balls deep in her and the fan hardly comes on! She didn’t even hit 80 degrees!
? playing with high rpms is a blast thou....
? playing with high rpms is a blast thou....
I'm thinking about senton 8s.....???

For a 40×82mm motor its so much more than any 40mm motor ive tried.8s is almost to much .max6 will run on 7s thou so ill probably 19t or 20t on 7s.geared like this id guess 60-65.cant even get close to it.front end is to light at speed.
I'm getting a 1700kv 4050 next.less rpm,heat, an amp-draw.this 2100kv sucks some juice quik.you ever get bored of your new system..? you should check out some tp power.check out there websight,they have big motors that I bet would scream with that big ole CC esc you have.

Sweeps are to heavy for my mostly stock drivetrain.im so tired of f**king with diffs,I don't want to spend the money for alum.also don't want the weight.katar 6 for temporary ripping.not many 5.5-6 in worthy tires out there.
Yeah I always feel adding alu to the fr and Rr diffs can go against you if you don't absolutely need them. Rotating weight and all. At the center I do use the Arrma metal diff. because of heat meltdown I had. Maybe user error . IDK. ?‍♂️

I forgot to hit record on the garmin. Happened twice. Showed 76,6. Inside skyRC read 81 when I finally checked it after the pack. Was going to upgrade to the gp diffs but it’s not as easy as popping in ring and pinion or id have it. I’m geared 1:1 on the center diff but not on my normal 20mil diff o dropped it to 500k so it’ll still slip. I can bash on or off road w out worrying bout temps. I haven’t tried 8s tho. Are u running 2-4s lipo? U mentioned 7s too? This was the fastest run of the day. I just turned timing up on this one. Slam ur droops and keep the front end low.

What arms and towers are these? How much of this is actually a mojave!!?? I see some kraton/outcast on a mojave chasis and body thing going here! If so think it’s a first of a kind that I’ve seen at least!! ! Lol. She rips like an animal!! She got some punch! Did u drill holes in chasis to relocate esc?

I forgot to hit record on the garmin. Happened twice. Showed 76,6. Inside skyRC read 81 when I finally checked it after the pack. Was going to upgrade to the gp diffs but it’s not as easy as popping in ring and pinion or id have it. I’m geared 1:1 on the center diff but not on my normal 20mil diff o dropped it to 500k so it’ll still slip. I can bash on or off road w out worrying bout temps. I haven’t tried 8s tho. Are u running 2-4s lipo? U mentioned 7s too? This was the fastest run of the day. I just turned timing up on this one. Slam ur droops and keep the front end low.
Its moving.so is it geared out at 1:1????can't go any taller???23/46 is as tall as ive ever went.lost my skyrc,flew outa truck at park somewhere.i gonna get skyrc gnss next.

That’s what I got gnss. I call it a gps lol. 40/40 on center diff. Was also looking into changing out spiral cut ring and input gears for smaller ratio but straight cut will get destroyed apparently on these huge rigs lol.

I bought new mojave.ended up like this.lol..I've tried lots of different combos with truck.right now its Mojave fr tower,hubs,steering blocks.kraton arms,buckles, axles.notorius rear tower. I used existing holes on chassis for esc.turned the stock side rails around making it more sleek looking.truck has lot more suspension travel w kraton arms.next to senton6

16071751661778828907554002563766.jpg

16071752490533587366559480687881.jpg

16071756215652484862811253347188.jpg

I've been running these cheap hovoo 80c packs.
2x2s
2×3s
2×4s packs all 5200 80c.i can run 3,4,5,6,7,8s with these 6 packs

160717835219970584263073233342.jpg

Off road tp motors need to be ordered with closed end caps an 4mm mounting holes.120$ an worth it IMO.they have a tp4040 thats same size as arrma 2050kv (40×74 that will handle 8s (30 volts) think its 2100kv.light,high rpm,run cool on 8s.?????

Screenshot_20201205-094602_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back