Traxxas hits Jenny's RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I just watched a video from Francis at RC Review, and he said Jenny's RC is one of the companies that Traxxas sent a cease-and-desist order to. I just went to Jenny's web site, and where it used to say Traxxas on the top menu bar, it now says TRA. I expect Traxxas will tell them to take down the listings in the sub menu that refer to specific models (i.e. TRX-4).

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see Ted @ Jennys having to drop Traxxas from his inventory. I don't have any, but my RC buddies have about a dozen between the 3 of them. And we all get our OE spares from Jennys.

This is what makes me think of Traxxas as a toy-grade product that isn't meant to be modified. They are not hobby grade and they do not align with the hobby community. We like to modify and make things our own.
Going to have to disagree. Although I feel that Traxxas in no way makes a toy-grade product, they are the most aggressive company in the hobby in regard to protecting their brand. So technically, nobody can sell their OEM parts without a licensing agreement. Maybe Jenny’s could circumvent this, to a point, by characterizing their TRX parts as “used” even though they’re stripped from brand new vehicles. But I’m not a lawyer, and can’t say for sure.
Getting back to your “toy grade” statement, there is no other RC brand name on the market who even comes close to the aftermarket, tuning, upgrade, and customizing options and support that is supplied for this brand. Arrma might be catching up a bit, but you can name any single component on any Traxxas vehicle and easily find 50 varieties of upgrades that are available in the color, material, and orientation/configuration of your choice. This is the definition of Hobby Grade.
Love ‘em or hate ’em, they have singularly defined not only the entry level gateway into this hobby, but also the ability to keep their fanboys writing checks for their latest X-Maxx. That’s just good business and successful long term marketing.
All of mine have lived on a shelf for the past few years (you know, since Arrma) and I’ll be thinning the herd soon. So if any of y’all want some really good, fast starter trucks for you or your kids that have been intelligently upgraded with myriad components, then keep your eyes on the classifieds.

Going to have to disagree. Although I feel that Traxxas in no way makes a toy-grade product, they are the most aggressive company in the hobby in regard to protecting their brand. So technically, nobody can sell their OEM parts without a licensing agreement. Maybe Jenny’s could circumvent this, to a point, by characterizing their TRX parts as “used” even though they’re stripped from brand new vehicles. But I’m not a lawyer, and can’t say for sure.
Getting back to your “toy grade” statement, there is no other RC brand name on the market who even comes close to the aftermarket, tuning, upgrade, and customizing options and support that is supplied for this brand. Arrma might be catching up a bit, but you can name any single component on any Traxxas vehicle and easily find 50 varieties of upgrades that are available in the color, material, and orientation/configuration of your choice. This is the definition of Hobby Grade.
Love ‘em or hate ’em, they have singularly defined not only the entry level gateway into this hobby, but also the ability to keep their fanboys writing checks for their latest X-Maxx. That’s just good business and successful long term marketing.
All of mine have lived on a shelf for the past few years (you know, since Arrma) and I’ll be thinning the herd soon. So if any of y’all want some really good, fast starter trucks for you or your kids that have been intelligently upgraded with myriad components, then keep your eyes on the classifieds.
Until they sued all of the manufacturers that make the massive aftermarket parts and quit producing parts, M2C to mention one that had to change the name of their parts.

I agree. Maybe I was a little harsh with my toy grade statement.
And credit where credit is due. My first RC getting back into the hobby was a Traxxas. I just got rid of it once I discovered Arrma.

I agree with alot of your points, they certainly do have a right to protect their IP.. even if stolen..but if JRC can't sell the parts, how can we? You mentioned selling your TRX rigs in the classifieds, what JRC is doing is no different. They bought, stripped and sold them.. nothing more. I don't think JRC will be hurt, rather that they need to be careful with how they list these items, much the same as M2C has had too..
TRX is just simply throwing their weight around.. same as they've done for the last 20 years. Nothing new. Shrewd as they are, they're successful no doubt.

I agree. Maybe I was a little harsh with my toy grade statement.
And credit where credit is due. My first RC getting back into the hobby was a Traxxas. I just got rid of it once I discovered Arrma.
Me too, man. Unfortunately it wasn’t until I’d reconfigured, upgraded, and customized our four Traxxas rigs that I discovered everything I’d ever wanted in the 6s Arrma platform.
And seriously, I have several I’ll be selling soon and the Slash Raptor just couldn’t be set up any better. It really is a fantastic truck (as 2wd SCT’s go) and is a turn-key joy to hone a newbies skill. As I’ve said before, if you can drive a brushless Slash-based SCT reasonably well on 3s then you can drive anything. Those things are a handful!
Until they sued all of the manufacturers that make the massive aftermarket parts and quit producing parts, M2C to mention one that had to change the name of their parts.
Maybe so, but google “Traxxas whatsit, part number such and such” and you’ll find so many responses on so many continents that you won’t be able to decide what to buy.

Last edited:
Jenny's has the parts listed, "fits". Wheels "fits" the Xmaxx. Even though they are actually Xmaxx wheels.

Me too, man. Unfortunately it wasn’t until I’d reconfigured, upgraded, and customized our four Traxxas rigs that I discovered everything I’d ever wanted in the 6s Arrma platform.
And seriously, I have several I’ll be selling soon and the Slash Raptor just couldn’t be set up any better. It really is a fantastic truck (as 2wd SCT’s go) and is a turn-key joy to hone a newbies skill. As I’ve said before, if you can drive a brushless Slash-based SCT reasonably well on 3s then you can drive anything. Those things are a handful!
What I've found too..not saying a 6s Arrma is perfect, but a much better place to start than a 6s TRX..the E revo is good, just not really a "basher". The Sludge is better as a basher, but the purchase price is out of line for what it is I feel, considering a k6 rtr is equal or better for $200 less.
No slash experience, but if a slash 3s is a handful, which I agree with, then a vxl3s 2wd bandit or rustler is two hands full!!😳🤷‍♂️😂😂🍻
I chose the Tekno for sct fun, not as nutty, a little more substance than the slash..great rig though!
Jenny's has the parts listed, "fits". Wheels "fits" the Xmaxx. Even though they are actually Xmaxx wheels.
Easy peasy.. the train kept a rollin'🍻

Yes, it’s ridiculous that TRX is messing with breakers. After all, they’re factory parts and TRX is totally out of the warranty loop at that point.

Yes, it’s ridiculous that TRX is messing with breakers. After all, they’re factory parts and TRX is totally out of the warranty loop at that point.
But they equate it to lost parts sale$..which is a cash cow for sure. TRX deserves credit for affordable parts at least..shh, they don't know..😂😂
Easy peasy.. the train kept a rollin'🍻 Teds a smart guy. Always a way to get around the bean counters.
🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back