Traxxas hits Jenny's RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No slash experience, but if a slash 3s is a handful, which I agree with, then a vxl3s 2wd bandit or rustler is two hands full!!😳🤷‍♂️😂😂🍻
I chose the Tekno for sct fun, not as nutty, a little more substance than the slash..great rig though!
Right on, man. The Slash’s of which I speak are the 2wd’s. Yup, if you have a brushless 2wd Slash, Bandit, or Rustler and ever figure out how to drive it in a straight line on 3s, than you’re better than me and I hope you share your technique. I only have one 4x4 Slash, and it’s a build in progress for a speed run fiasco. I’m quite sure it will be a miserable fail…

This is what makes me think of Traxxas as a toy-grade product that isn't meant to be modified. They are not hobby grade and they do not align with the hobby community. We like to modify and make things our own.
Hell yeah my brotha ..customize and modify .that's where it's at..😁👍

Right on, man. The Slash’s of which I speak are the 2wd’s. Yup, if you have a brushless 2wd Slash, Bandit, or Rustler and ever figure out how to drive it in a straight line on 3s, than you’re better than me and I hope you share your technique. I only have one 4x4 Slash, and it’s a build in progress for a speed run fiasco. I’m quite sure it will be a miserable fail…
Hehe you should change that to "ANY 2WD on 3S", I have not found one I could tame. I think that's what makes them so much FUN!!! :love:

When you smash that throttle oh yea.....

car reacting GIF by South Park

Last edited:
Yeah, for sure!! For whatever reason, I just thought you were referring to 4wd..🤷‍♂️😆
I'm still in 2wd vxl "training mode".. TSM deleted, I don't need no driver assist!! Or do I..😳😯😖😂😂
Easy peasy.. the train kept a rollin'🍻
We literally both used the exact same line!!😂😂
Cheers bud🍻

I like his presentation on the subject:

Maybe we should inundate Ford with emails to promote the hassling of Traxxas over copyright infringement, violation of agreement, etc. ad nauseam. BTW, here is one of my 1:1’s:
F81E940C-0120-4537-8842-C1EE7B8A4FBC.jpeg

BC79F4B3-2CF1-496C-A712-17E24AAB9E39.jpeg

BTW, I only obscured my license plate because it’s public info in VT and there’s a potentially unhinged member here who I would prefer not to learn of my geographic proximity.
It‘s cool having a 1:1 Traxxas though. 😂

Hehe you should change that to "ANY 2WD on 3S", I have not found one I could tame. I think that's what makes them so much FUN!!! :love:

car reacting GIF by South Park
My Team Associated Trophy Rat is the exception. That thing handles way better than it has a right to.
Is that really true? TRX ripped the Bronco name with licensing!? That would be too funny if so, Ford would be eating TRX sandwiches if they behaved like TRX does..hope they do!!😎
I’m pretty sure the licensing must be legit for the Traxxas/Bronco thing. It’d be funny though…

Taming a 2WD isnt really all that hard, or, maybe its just me. Ive been running 2WD stuff, mainly SCT's, for so long, that making them do what i want them to is second nature. I will admit, there are certain manufacturers vehicles that are easier to handle, even on 3S, than others. My only disclaimer to this is about MT's. I cant make them do anything i want them to do, even running on a nimh battery, most of the time, but, buggies, truggies, SCT's, those are easy to run. This is me goofing off with a Losi 22S SCT RTR in a field last year:

Very good video! If you haven't watched it, it's worth the 14 mins.
Pure greed IMO..as if there isn't enough to go around. It's not like these companies are claiming to be TRX or the products are made by TRX.. they're intended to complement or improve upon TRX products. IDK, it's worrisome though.. not how this hobby came to be I don't think.
Alright..free Xmaxx, Hoss and Bandit with extras..who wants em!? HaHa Does give me a desire to sell tho..just don't use actual product names in the listings, right😳😉

"Pure greed"
Pretty much. They're not the only company to do stuff like this, but, come on. Trying to sue HBO MAX cause they used the word MAX. They didn't invent the English language! Sillyness!

Just looked at Jennys. He put the word "Fits", in front of all the Traxxas parts.

Last edited:
"Pure greed"
Pretty much. They're not the only company to do stuff like this, but, come on. Trying to sue HBO MAX cause they used the word MAX. They didn't invent the English language! Sillyness!
Like anyone looks at HBO Max and think Traxxas!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Pure greed"

Just looked at Jennys. He put the word "Fits", in front of all the Traxxas parts.
They should sue Max Verstappen

"Pure greed"

Traxxas didn't just up and sue Time Warner for using the word Max, Time Warner tried to trademark Max for literally everything, including radio control cars. Traxxas had to counter sue to keep their Maxx trademark.

The filing for HBO Max includes:

• Board games.
  • Card games.
  • Playing Cards.
  • Puzzle games.
  • Action figures.
  • Collectible modeled plastic and resin toy figurines.
  • Arcade-type electronic video games.
  • Coin-operated video games.
  • Slot machines.

Ahh man, my son and I own mostly Traxxas and I purchase the vast majority of our parts from Ted at Jenny’s RC.

Going to have to disagree. Although I feel that Traxxas in no way makes a toy-grade product, they are the most aggressive company in the hobby in regard to protecting their brand. So technically, nobody can sell their OEM parts without a licensing agreement. Maybe Jenny’s could circumvent this, to a point, by characterizing their TRX parts as “used” even though they’re stripped from brand new vehicles. But I’m not a lawyer, and can’t say for sure.
Getting back to your “toy grade” statement, there is no other RC brand name on the market who even comes close to the aftermarket, tuning, upgrade, and customizing options and support that is supplied for this brand. Arrma might be catching up a bit, but you can name any single component on any Traxxas vehicle and easily find 50 varieties of upgrades that are available in the color, material, and orientation/configuration of your choice. This is the definition of Hobby Grade.
Love ‘em or hate ’em, they have singularly defined not only the entry level gateway into this hobby, but also the ability to keep their fanboys writing checks for their latest X-Maxx. That’s just good business and successful long term marketing.
All of mine have lived on a shelf for the past few years (you know, since Arrma) and I’ll be thinning the herd soon. So if any of y’all want some really good, fast starter trucks for you or your kids that have been intelligently upgraded with myriad components, then keep your eyes on the classifieds.
You have to have Traxxas permission to re-sell used TRXs rccars-trucks. 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back