Traxxas Slash mini help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
So I have a mini slash I have had for years and I was going to replace the center driveshaft and I noticed a nail was superglued in place of the set screw near the middle of it. Does anyone have an idea on how to get it out so I can put in a new center driveshaft?
image.jpg

So I have a mini slash I have had for years and I was going to replace the center driveshaft and I noticed a nail was superglued in place of the set screw near the middle of it. Does anyone have an idea on how to get it out so I can put in a new center driveshaft?

Time to pick up a drill and some bits, and expect to replace that driveshaft! Hold the assembly steady with a set of Vise-Grips, drill a small 1/16 hole a couple millimeters into the set-screw, and follow all the way through with a 5/64. The driveshaft should shake loose afterwards.

Best of luck my man

Time to pick up a drill and some bits, and expect to replace that driveshaft! Hold the assembly steady with a set of Vise-Grips, drill a small 1/16 hole a couple millimeters into the set-screw, and follow all the way through with a 5/64. The driveshaft should shake loose afterwards.

Best of luck my man
That is what I was going to do in the first place was that😂. I’ll try that
In this case, Traxxas wins 100%. Arrma has zero Mini rc vehicles

Best of luck my man
Thanks for your help! I got it all replaced. Almost done with my conversion
71564331089__35AC4CE5-E1B2-4403-84A7-4FF8908BC9FB.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong I love Arrma too. But the Traxxas Forums suck so this is where I go for advice😂 on them

If you put it that way, I was just ball busting, Friends?

I'm glad you got the nail outta there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back