Tried some PL Blockade Tire on Losi DB - Nice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
My normal bashing area is the farmland where we have a dirt course for RCs made. When at home in the city and can't get out that way I have to take to the golf course or find very low, dead, grassy areas.

With the PL SC MX 2.8 on the Losi DB Pro, they are pure love on the off-road, loose dirt track...track can be packed/hard after rain or cold weather. Regardless the SC MX are killer. It digs, traction is on-point and I can power drift and it never flip on the loose off-road surface.

Although the traction is good, it will flip when in turns since the side edges bite so and do not allow for slip\spin. Then comes the PL Blockades I bought recently. Ran them in both areas today on the unusual 70deg day after an ice storm and before the freeze comes back in a few days.

PL Blockade even with the low notches moves the Losi fast...they dig good I was impressed for off-road and pleased. I'm up to full speed quickly but the win is I can stay on that throttle and power slide which allows for the slip and there is no side-bite, so no flipping in a turn. I can continue to powerslide on the fairway as well as the low dead grass whereas with the PL MX I'd flip.

Sure not new news to the vets but a big win for me to have two sets of tires for off-road (preferred bash) or grassy when I am forced since I cannot get to the dirt. PL Beadlock rims fit well on here....nice combo.

Few pics of the tires. Also pulled out the new TLR-T again for another run. Same with this one. Basher only but stock tires are great for the same above which is the only time I use them. I have a set of PL Badland MX for the TLR that is just perfect for the farm track. @SrC the 4S battery is killer my Man. I've done about 5-6 bashes with it and the TLR. It has killer power but before it hits LVC I'd say about a few min or two before you can feel the C drop not highly noticeable but I can tell before LVC it's lost some "nff" Still fast tho. Again that is towards the end when it is about to LVC. The punch in those are wonderful...love those 4S, thx for the FYI!

1644954726210.png
1644954737473.png
1644954772061.png
1644954782527.png

One with the MX tires for comparison
1644955095096.png

My normal bashing area is the farmland where we have a dirt course for RCs made. When at home in the city and can't get out that way I have to take to the golf course or find very low, dead, grassy areas.

With the PL SC MX 2.8 on the Losi DB Pro, they are pure love on the off-road, loose dirt track...track can be packed/hard after rain or cold weather. Regardless the SC MX are killer. It digs, traction is on-point and I can power drift and it never flip on the loose off-road surface.

Although the traction is good, it will flip when in turns since the side edges bite so and do not allow for slip\spin. Then comes the PL Blockades I bought recently. Ran them in both areas today on the unusual 70deg day after an ice storm and before the freeze comes back in a few days.

PL Blockade even with the low notches moves the Losi fast...they dig good I was impressed for off-road and pleased. I'm up to full speed quickly but the win is I can stay on that throttle and power slide which allows for the slip and there is no side-bite, so no flipping in a turn. I can continue to powerslide on the fairway as well as the low dead grass whereas with the PL MX I'd flip.

Sure not new news to the vets but a big win for me to have two sets of tires for off-road (preferred bash) or grassy when I am forced since I cannot get to the dirt. PL Beadlock rims fit well on here....nice combo.

Few pics of the tires. Also pulled out the new TLR-T again for another run. Same with this one. Basher only but stock tires are great for the same above which is the only time I use them. I have a set of PL Badland MX for the TLR that is just perfect for the farm track. @SrC the 4S battery is killer my Man. I've done about 5-6 bashes with it and the TLR. It has killer power but before it hits LVC I'd say about a few min or two before you can feel the C drop not highly noticeable but I can tell before LVC it's lost some "nff" Still fast tho. Again that is towards the end when it is about to LVC. The punch in those are wonderful...love those 4S, thx for the FYI!

View attachment 200256View attachment 200257View attachment 200258View attachment 200259

One with the MX tires for comparison
View attachment 200260
That losi looks pretty cool is that 4s

Blockades are great for those time when a MX tire is too much, but too loose for most racing tires to hook up. Another tire that is great is the AKA CityBlocks. A bit cheaper than the Proline tires, and they are my favorite tire for my Kraton and Outcast when we hit my local blown-out outdoor track.

That's a nice looking rig! 👍
I'm running 1/8 buggy badlands, they grip really well, but it rolls on EVERYTHING

That losi looks pretty cool is that 4s

I have been tempted to run the Losi on 4S. I have upgraded to Tekno for driveshafts, outdrives, etc so far better than the Losi HD stuff. Have better fans and a step-up on the motor not much. Still at 15T so I "might" give it a go one day...still on the fence but 3S is where I run it.

Blockades are great for those time when a MX tire is too much, but too loose for most racing tires to hook up. Another tire that is great is the AKA CityBlocks. A bit cheaper than the Proline tires, and they are my favorite tire for my Kraton and Outcast when we hit my local blown-out outdoor track.

This is why I like the board just good tips like that! Thx (y)

That's a nice looking rig! 👍
I'm running 1/8 buggy badlands, they grip really well, but it rolls on EVERYTHING

I know that feeling when it rolls on everything. Thx!

Another tire that is good is the Duratrax Lock-up. It has a big lug MX look, but the lugs are more horizontal bars. Big traction for go and stop, but gives a very controlled slide.

View attachment 200272

This looks good...the tires rock it out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back