Trigger finger volt or amps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvG

AliExpress Diamond Member 💎
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi,

got a 4s lipo and esc but a 3s motor, a new 4s motor is on its way. For the time being just wondering if i set the throttle end point on the transmitter to 70% will the esc voltage output be 70% of the lipo voltage?
In other words does the throttle on the transmitter regulate the voltage an esc sends to the motor?

Honestly this seems somewhat sketchy, but upon some reading:
Thus, as you increase the throttle, the mean voltage delivered to the motor increases (by increasing PWM %) but the trapezoidal pulses don't change. If that voltage allows the motor and its load to accelerate, only then will the position sensing change the trapezoidal pulse timings.
It would appear that throttle % is directly correlated to the voltage the motor would see.
I can't say I'd want to try it, but in theory that's feasible.

Motor doesn't care about 'volts' you can run it in 10S for all it cares. What matters is power which is voltage x amp and that needs to be limited.
Yes, dialing to 70% will do it but motor might still overheat,

The ESC will turn the voltage on and off, really fast, with 100% 'on' if in normal mode. You are limiting this to '70%' on.
In other words the motor will always see the Lipo voltage, just not very long.
Not a good idea in general, the the ESC is inefficient and will heat up a lot more, but will work.

Something like this:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back