Mojave Twin mojave EXBs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

++SGS

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
After months of lurking the forums, My brother and I just decided to pull trigger for these bad boys.

I will be loading in a Max8G2 with a 4278SD 2250KV motor on 6s and my brother will be installing the same Max8G2 with a 4268SD 2500KV on 4s.

Any advice on what pinion gears we should use? or any other must have upgrades/maintenance we should do before going for our first bash?

photo_2024-02-01_01-15-27.jpg

18 & 20T pinions, 35kg+ quality servo, plan on motor fans if you're course racing those higher kV motors in a 15lb rig.
Agreed, the Mojave is a heavy rig and 2250-2500kv is really pushing it a bit much, especially with a Max8. I’d go Max 6 1650kv, run fans, 18 or 19t pinion. You can run 4 or 6S, either one.
And yo, welcome to the forum!

Agreed, the Mojave is a heavy rig and 2250-2500kv is really pushing it a bit much, especially with a Max8. I’d go Max 6 1650kv, run fans, 18 or 19t pinion. You can run 4 or 6S, either one.
And yo, welcome to the forum!
I'll have to chime in and say that the Max8 G2 2250kv with a 18T pinion is more than enough for the 13-14lb Mojave on 6S and more than quick enough for scale racing with friends on 4S. The Max6 G2 with the 1650kv would be amazing (I have them all), but the Max8 G2 2250kv is more than enough. I've bashed, race the hell out of mine in the summer (you'll need a fan on the motor) and it never missed a beat.

That being said, @++SGS that 2500kv will be running HOT on a heavy rig on 4S and it'll have to work harder to keep up with the 2250kv. I wholeheartedly do not recommend the 2500kv, even if you guys feel like you want to "do something different" for the sake of it.

Power isn't everything if all you're doing is wasting energy (heat and battery life) through wheel spins.

I'll have to chime in and say that the Max8 G2 2250kv with a 18T pinion is more than enough for the 13-14lb Mojave on 6S and more than quick enough for scale racing with friends on 4S. The Max6 G2 with the 1650kv would be amazing (I have them all), but the Max8 G2 2250kv is more than enough. I've bashed, race the hell out of mine in the summer (you'll need a fan on the motor) and it never missed a beat.

That being said, @++SGS that 2500kv will be running HOT on a heavy rig on 4S and it'll have to work harder to keep up with the 2250kv. I wholeheartedly do not recommend the 2500kv, even if you guys feel like you want to "do something different" for the sake of it.

Power isn't everything if all you're doing is wasting energy (heat and battery life) through wheel spins.
+1.
On all points made.

the Max8 G2 2250kv is more than enough. I've bashed, race the hell out of mine in the summer (you'll need a fan on the motor) and it never missed a beat.
I’m surprised to hear this. I would have never thought any 2250kv could run cool enough in a Mojave. With my 19t pinion, dual motor fans, and a 1650 it gets hot enough to be worrisome when running good, high MaH packs.

I’m surprised to hear this. I would have never thought any 2250kv could run cool enough in a Mojave. With my 19t pinion, dual motor fans, and a 1650 it gets hot enough to be worrisome when running good, high MaH packs.
you’re not wrong about temps being cooler on a bigger can, but the Mojo will be fine with the Max8 G2 2250kv

As others have stated, that 2500kv isn't such a good idea. It will get pretty toasty. The 2250kv will probably suffice for casual bashing & ripping, BUT absolutely make sure you got a fan (or two) on that thing. I have a 2200kv motor in my K6 and it's a missile. Granted the K6 is slightly shorter than the Mojo, but the wheels are much larger & heavier=more rotational mass. It's better to have more than enough power and not have to use it all, as opposed to just barely having enough power and over-stressing your electronics. Plus if your brother gets bored with 4S, he won't be able to just throw in a 6s pack for more power/speed with that setup. This is just my opinion, best of luck to you guys 🍻

Back