Mojave Mojave EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
Brought this Mojave EXB back to life. Got it as a roller and added some goodies as well as serviced each diff. Can’t wait for it’s maiden voyage!

IMG_6840.jpeg

IMG_6841.jpeg

IMG_6842.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

Sweet looking rig for sure.
Appreciate it. Just added some scorched parts inner fenders for it as well.
Sweet rig!

I'm thinking of picking up the method wheels for mine, anybody have experience with those?
Thank you, I have not had any experience with them personally but I believe amainhobbies has a video of different tire options I could be wrong…

I have the same. My favorite for sure. 😁

Appreciate it. Just added some scorched parts inner fenders for it as well.

Thank you, I have not had any experience with them personally but I believe amainhobbies has a video of different tire options I could be wrong…
Gotta have those inner fenders. Did that to mine day one. Ordered and received them before I even received my Mojo. A Must have.

Gotta have those inner fenders. Did that to mine day one. Ordered and received them before I even received my Mojo. A Must have.
Absolutely! I had a RTR version before this and ran it a couple times without them. Was a mess to clean. I got these asap when I found this exb. I also added a Dusty Motors dirt protector
IMG_6966.jpeg

I have the same. My favorite for sure. 😁
Heck yeah man!

Curious what your max motor and esc temps will be during a mid-summer bash with all that airflow obstruction. Make sure you reset the history and log, wouldn't worry about it since thermal protection is top notch and it'll shut down well before any major damage.

Curious what your max motor and esc temps will be during a mid-summer bash with all that airflow obstruction. Make sure you reset the history and log, wouldn't worry about it since thermal protection is top notch and it'll shut down well before any major damage.
Same, I don’t have it geared crazy high but on a nice summer day it may get toasty. Gonna grab a fan mount and get a dual fan setup on there see if that’ll help at all. Worst case scenario it thermals and I lose the dust cover I suppose.

The inner fender wells are the best! Took a month to get them. Worth it though

DM covers did not appeal to me. Had 3 of them. Probably overkill with those inner fenders. IDK. Watch your temps closely.

DM covers did not appeal to me. Had 3 of them. Probably overkill with those inner fenders. IDK. Watch your temps closely.
I have the dk covers on my other rigs. Doesn't seem necessary. Also I wouldn't want to restrict air flow. My covers tend to collect a little dust and what not. The fender wells restrict the air flow pretty bad.

Yeah I found the DM cover's fine mesh gets packed up and air flow does get minimal. Just me. And one Cover went on fire, from sparks connecting my Lipo to the ESC.
A one off fluke I guess. No one else ever had this happen. But the Nylon mesh material is rather combustible FWIW. Burns quick like flash paper.

Yeah I found the DM cover's fine mesh gets packed up and air flow does get minimal. Just me. And one Cover went on fire, from sparks connecting my Lipo to the ESC.
A one off fluke I guess. No one else ever had this happen. But the Nylon mesh material is rather combustible FWIW. Burns quick like flash paper.
Good to know. I usually only run the bags when I'm in the mud.

I have the same DM cover with the Scorched inner fenders to. Temps were toasty with the HW Max8 G2 ESC with the 4278SD 2250kv motor with a 18T pinion, but I only run 4S on mine for scale bashing with my buddies' other desert racers. I added two 35mm fan for the motor to keep the temps manageable.

Back