Typhon 3s - Delay/interference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asus127

Reaction score
Evening all.

I've had this a few times now and it's a bit strange. Start the car off and can be fine for 5 minutes, but now and again the delay from the remote to car is laggy.

I know the standard remote is naff, but seems strange it can be ok for a bit then go pear shaped.

Like tonight for example. Tried my sons new lights on the car and was alright, then it started playing up. In our estate theres houses on either side of the straight which could be interfering.

Is it a case of just replacing the remote and receiver? Going to have a look at the antenna tomorrow and see if there's any damage.

Many thanks.
P. S. Heres an image of the car with lights ☺

20240513_215140.jpg

Evening all.

I've had this a few times now and it's a bit strange. Start the car off and can be fine for 5 minutes, but now and again the delay from the remote to car is laggy.

I know the standard remote is naff, but seems strange it can be ok for a bit then go pear shaped.

Like tonight for example. Tried my sons new lights on the car and was alright, then it started playing up. In our estate theres houses on either side of the straight which could be interfering.

Is it a case of just replacing the remote and receiver? Going to have a look at the antenna tomorrow and see if there's any damage.

Many thanks.
P. S. Heres an image of the car with lights ☺

View attachment 366518
Same car and same problem at times. Interesting enough I find if I raise my transmitter up in the air immediately following a glitch, it helps.lol. While checking antennae, ensure it is extended all the way up in the tube. Mine wasn't. Bottom line is, the stock radio is not real reliable as you know.

Same car and same problem at times. Interesting enough I find if I raise my transmitter up in the air immediately following a glitch, it helps.lol. While checking antennae, ensure it is extended all the way up in the tube. Mine wasn't. Bottom line is, the stock radio is not real reliable as you know.
Back in the day the antennas was a bit bigger then this stumpy little thing

What's a cheapish remote replacement that's not going to break the bank? Still trying to get me kraton back on the road 😡

20240515_003820.jpg

I'm not to familiar with upgraded remotes but many recommend the Dumbo? I'm sure others will chime in. Back in the day we all used futaba 3pm's and they were flawless.

I'm not to familiar with upgraded remotes but many recommend the Dumbo? I'm sure others will chime in. Back in the day we all used futaba 3pm's and they were flawless.
Just spotted this one which I've head the name before

Screenshot_20240515_004829_eBay.jpg

Don't get why there all 2.4 but some are sh*t

Do you know if I take the four screws on the top of the esc fan off, I can clean the inside? Can't work out if the screws are only holding the fan in or not

What model receiver
/transmitter did your stock Typhon come with? SLT3 and SR300?

I run many of the SLT3's and DX3's ,generally, we really like them. Great budget radios imo.

You could try the re-bind process between remote and receiver and see if that helps. Also, try without the lights hooked up, you could be pulling too much power off the BEC. Lastly, sometimes when the stock servo starts to go south it can cause brown outs on the receiver.

What model receiver transmitter did your stock Typhon come with? SLT3 ans SR300?

I run many of the SLT3's and DX3's generally, we really like them. Great budget radios imo.
If bought new would of came with the SLT3

Last edited:
Do you know if I take the four screws on the top of the esc fan off, I can clean the inside? Can't work out if the screws are only holding the fan in or not
Yes you can. Cleaned mine several times.

The good old days of tx/rx crystals.
Cheers all 👍🏻

So is my controller an old version. I know the crystals was a think you stuck in the receiver but I don't have them

Still trying to remember everything from the good old days. Might try string the remote to the car see how it goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_012027_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_012027_Chrome~2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 8
Cheers all 👍🏻

So is my controller an old version. I know the crystals was a think you stuck in the receiver but I don't have them

Still trying to remember everything from the good old days. Might try string the remote to the car see how it goes.
I believe your TX is the old version before the SLT3 came out.....yes.

Radio link rc6gs has done me great for 2 years now. Good settings and great range for a good price. Never had a dumbo
Bit too much coin atm. Just want to get mine working again which I need motor mount, spur and pinion so I can enjoy a few hours with my sons typhon

Might get the carnage out that I'm trying to sell

Attachments

• 20240418_123902.jpg
    20240418_123902.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 8
Back