Typhon Typhon 3s v3 / HR Metal Spur Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdubb502

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hello,

The composite spur gear stripped on my new v3 Typhon. I replaced it with another composite, but was wondering if anyone has installed the hot racing spur gear in the Typhon v3? I believe the direct replacement is SATF257. It looks like STFF257N is also compatible but requires four slipper pads like the Kraton 4s. Any information as to the performance of the vehicle with the metal spur gear would be appreciated.

I also plan on installing a 4s capable ESC.

Thanks for your knowledge!
H

I've been running a Hot Racing steel spur since day one on my 3s not issues. I would just go for the direct drop in keep things simple.

I went yhe dame route a while ago. I used the newer spur that needed the extra slipper pad. I've had no issues after the change.

I have been waiting for months on this to be in stock and now I have one on the way, thanks for sharing..

Last edited:
I've been running a Hot Racing steel spur since day one on my 3s not issues. I would just go for the direct drop in keep things simple.
Is this in the v3 Typhon 3s? Which spur gear did you use the SATF257 or the STFF257N? Are you using the same slipper pads that came with the car?
Mine is holding up on 6s! I did change the diffs because they were having trouble
Is this in the v3 Typhon 3s? Which spur gear did you use the SATF257 or the STFF257N? Are you using the same slipper pads that came with the car?

Typhon 3s, I am using this spur https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=SATF257;c=1407 but I bought the Typhon the day it was released, back in December 2018 and it came with these slipper pads https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310790

If you have a V3 with these slipper pads https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310994 you want the STFF257N

Both of those spurs work exactly the same just buy the one that matches your slipper pads.

No. This is the senton 3s V2! I have changed the diffs to metal but the spur is holding up. when it dies I will pick up the metal gear only and not the whole metal slipper assembley

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back