Typhon Typhon 3s no longer pulls wheelies after metal spur gear install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
After my plastic spur gear was stripped, I installed a metal spur, now my Typhon 3s no longer pulls wheelies, my other Typhon does wheelies with the same batteries/tires no problem. I know the metal is heavier, but is it that much heavier? The mesh seemed to be set well, and the car runs well, just seems to be missing that extra power.

After my plastic spur gear was stripped, I installed a metal spur, now my Typhon 3s no longer pulls wheelies, my other Typhon does wheelies with the same batteries/tires no problem. I know the metal is heavier, but is it that much heavier? The mesh seemed to be set well, and the car runs well, just seems to be missing that extra power.

Did you install the correct amount of slipper pads?

Great question, yes, and it all seemed to go together smoothly, but now you have me thinking about it. I will say I set the slipper clutch on the tighter side. I just couldnt comprehend backing out one full turn, may have been the alcohol.

Great question, yes, and it all seemed to go together smoothly, but now you have me thinking about it. I will say I set the slipper clutch on the tighter side. I just couldnt comprehend backing out one full turn, may have been the alcohol.

Metal spur Requires 4 slippers pads..

With all due respect, there is no need for a metal spur gear. If your stripping out plastic ones, then there's another problem in your drive train, motor mesh or slipper clutch assembly or adjustment. I like having that sacrificial part. Did you change your punch setting? Learned all this from boyfriend....lol.

I always had my slipper set to 3/4 turn out from tight.

I did install 4. The car does have power and moves well, just doesn't pop wheelies
Clutch will need to be tightened more if you want that
My 4s were always 1 1/2 turns from tight like in the manual. It will wheelie on command but not from a dead stop most of the time. Ur clutch is just a bit loose to achieve that. I doubt the weigh of the gear has anything to do with it otherwise you will have cogging not this

Clutch will need to be tightened more if you want that
My 4s were always 1 1/2 turns from tight like in the manual. It will wheelie on command but not from a dead stop most of the time. Ur clutch is just a bit loose to achieve that. I doubt the weigh of the gear has anything to do with it otherwise you will have cogging not this
Yes. Spur is too loose. By chance did you forget to put the tiny black plastic nut on the backside of the spur?

Take the center driveshaft out, stick a 2mm Allen in the spur (the screw is on the front side), then drag the car forward without letting the Allen spin. When back wheels stop turning and start dragging on pavement (without you pushing down on the car) is about where it should be. Try that to see if it’s loose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back