Typhon Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donovan122

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So I was taking apart my Typhon to clean it up before I install some upgrades, and noticed this. Is this normal? I only drive on street or short grass. Haven’t jumped this at all as I’ve only had it for 2 weeks.

E001176D-5588-4CC4-AAB2-B2DDBFE50A03.jpeg

4CCA82F3-015F-47A9-8C65-1DF29DA6DBB6.jpeg

It happens, not frequently but does.

It happens not because of jumps, but because of flipping upside down and slamming hard on the wing/shock tower, the motor is pulled away from the chassis and the motor mount have no bracing for this direction of impact, they have a top screw that helps impact on the other direction.

The other cars like the senton have body that takes impact like this, but the Typhon does not.

Check if the spur is ok after this. and replace the motor mount.

It happens, not frequently but does.

It happens not because of jumps, but because of flipping upside down and slamming hard on the wing/shock tower, the motor is pulled away from the chassis and the motor mount have no bracing for this direction of impact, they have a top screw that helps impact on the other direction.

The other cars like the senton have body that takes impact like this, but the Typhon does not.

Check if the spur is ok after this. and replace the motor mount.
What would I do with out this forum ? like seriously thanks for the insight ? I might as well get something better than factory any suggestions??

I own both the HR and Arrma adjustable motor mounts and both have bent on me. @Surchaufeur who made the 7075 mount? I’m not remembering at the moment

Have the same issue but there is currently no spare part available in my region. Is there a easy to prevent it with some hand work?

Okay that makes sense... Have some Granite bumpers left and will give them a try. Thanks ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back