Typhon Typhon 6s brittle wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

counterweight

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
My son just bought a typhon 6s and he keeps breaking the wing, hes on his third wing in less then a week, any suggestions on a more flexible wing. my outcast never breaks like this one does. is there somthing else we could try that fits and is more forgiving. Please help!!

My son just bought a typhon 6s and he keeps breaking the wing, hes on his third wing in less then a week, any suggestions on a more flexible wing. my outcast never breaks like this one does. is there somthing else we could try that fits and is more forgiving. Please help!!
Whats the temperature outside? Anything bellow 5 degres celcius will make any plastic brittle and shadery
Little side landing out of a 1 and half feet jump and i shadered wing mount wheel and licence plate i was stupid it was -15 degres celcius outside i learned te hard way
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1098.JPG

Whats the temperature outside? Anything bellow 5 degres celcius will make any plastic brittle and shadery
Little side landing out of a 1 and half feet jump and i shadered wing mount wheel and licence plate i was stupid it was -15 degres celcius outside i learned te hard wayView attachment 73032View attachment 73033
i cant believe i didnt think of this, yes it was cold both days in idaho, maybe in the low 50 degrees
i cant believe i didnt think of this, yes it was cold both days in idaho, maybe in the low 50 degrees
maybe this next wing will wait for warmer tempts to put it on.

Is he driving on the street? Or maybe landing on the roof a lot after big jumps. I have rolled and flipped my Typhon lots of times and wing hasn't broken yet.
I may have just jinxed myself. :eek:

This is the wing designed by @Camaroboy383 for the Typhon that would be indestructible if printed with flexible filament (TPU). Once my printer is back up next week I would be willing to make you one for like 5 bucks plus cost of shipping if you want. I am using a flexible printed 4s outcast wing he also designed and its taken everything like a champ. The mount... Not so much lol.

I've also seen this carbon fiber wing in a few vids before, definitely stronger but not entirely indestructible:
https://www.rcracinginnovations.com...arbon_Fiber_Rear_Wing_(Read_Description).html

warmer weather will definetly combat the breakage a little better.. but with the design of the typhon, and the wing being the highest point they take the hit.. ive seen them break repeatedly even in warm weather if the hits are just right.. my buddy has the same issue.. i printed him a flexible wing and now he just breaks mounts constantly.. so there really is no win here besides not replacing the wing every time.. instead, be replacing the mounts...?

This is the wing designed by @Camaroboy383 for the Typhon that would be indestructible if printed with flexible filament (TPU). Once my printer is back up next week I would be willing to make you one for like 5 bucks plus cost of shipping if you want. I am using a flexible printed 4s outcast wing he also designed and its taken everything like a champ. The mount... Not so much lol.

I've also seen this carbon fiber wing in a few vids before, definitely stronger but not entirely indestructible:
https://www.rcracinginnovations.com/store/p803/Arrma_Typhon_3s_&_6s_Carbon_Fiber_Rear_Wing_(Read_Description).html
Yes my son is totally interested in a flexible printed wing, don't get me wrong he is running this on a dirt race track and jumping pretty high. and landing wrong but so am i and im 10 times worse then him but mine never broke i think its a different cheap plastic. please let us know when your printer is up and running.. so cool Thanks!!!

It's weird, usually the wing mount goes first.
i agree weird but nothing wrong with the mount
Is he driving on the street? Or maybe landing on the roof a lot after big jumps. I have rolled and flipped my Typhon lots of times and wing hasn't broken yet.
I may have just jinxed myself. :eek:
no Its on a Dirt race track and jumping very hard and some bad lands, i was also but worse and i broke nothing, i think the wing is just more brittle then my outcast.
If you search the forum, @Camaroboy383 designed a wing that you can print in TPU that should be more durable.
i don't have a 3D printer
If you search the forum, @Camaroboy383 designed a wing that you can print in TPU that should be more durable.

Last edited:
i agree weird but nothing wrong with the mount

no Its on a Dirt race track and jumping very hard and some bad lands, i was also but worse and i broke nothing, i think the wing is just more brittle then my outcast.

pm me your address.. ?

warmer weather will definetly combat the breakage a little better.. but with the design of the typhon, and the wing being the highest point they take the hit.. ive seen them break repeatedly even in warm weather if the hits are just right.. my buddy has the same issue.. i printed him a flexible wing and now he just breaks mounts constantly.. so there really is no win here besides not replacing the wing every time.. instead, be replacing the mounts...?
yes but then i could use a rpm wing mount, those are pretty strong and reliable

yes but then i could use a rpm wing mount, those are pretty strong and reliable

you certainly can try it.. ive seen them break as well as distort into an s shape.. but yes they are more durable.. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back