Typhon Typhon 6s first run on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I stuck a SkyRC speedometer thing on my Typhon 6s today and ran it on the road with a SMC True Spec Premium 22.2V 4500mAh 85Amps/90C. I got 46 mph with the stock pinion and tires for about half a neighborhood block and I know it has plenty more to give. Huge acceleration / throttle response and feels lightning fast. Turns on a dime and leaps over small bumps in the imperfect road.
Just like every new Arrma I try out on the first few runs, I was laughing out loud, feelin' very excited and a little bit nervous. :p:eek:
There were some guys building a house across the street and they all stopped to watch. I felt like a big shot. lol.

No issues other than my battery loop eased itself down to the center diff and gearing and fortunately I caught it in time. lol.
I think I'm gonna love this buggy as much as all of em. Glad I got it and can't wait to get some upgrades on it so I can push it hard.

46 first run.jpg

46 first run loop.jpg

When i first run mine i was shocked on how well it turns. So much more grip on the front than my Talion, it started a long journey of fixing my Talion turning performance.
I read comments like these and the Typhon filters back to the top of my wish list... decisions decisions decisions.

Typhon is sick right? Much lighter than the big trucks, I love it. I run my battery strap thru the loop to keep it away from the turning bits.

Thank you! I adapted and looks like it should work tomorrow!
46 first run loop.corrected wire looming.jpg

good to see you enjoying it :)

I am enjoying it. :) Here's what I'm trying tomorrow. I don't know if it's correct or not but I think it'll be worth some road doggin'. Very tight inside of the wheel on a stand but when it sets under its own weight, they fit just right.
GRP GTY01-S5 1:8 GT T01 REVO S5
Edit: wheels have holes inside of the rim already and tires have holes outside. Belted.
This buggy is so quick and agile. It takes making some control changes even vs the Talion...that I also love so much. I also think the Typhon is very sexy and such a fine design for a bullet of an RC.

yellow1 GRP.jpg

yellow2 GRP.jpg

yellow3 GRP.jpg

One thing to keep in mind. Air control with the stock tires is difficult. Nothing like your other 2 6s rigs. You usually get one chance to correct and you need to be quick.

Interested to hear how you get on with those wheels/tyres, just what I’m looking for if they work well.
Any chance of a pic of them with the Typhon stock wheels showing the difference in width?

If it helps I can add that a Typhon is a great addition if you have a Notorious (and/or a Talion).
So... if you wanted something that was a nice offset to the Notorious (my only current RC) would you pick the Typhon or the Talion? Those have been the top 2 contenders but really, I could be talked into any of the other 6S vehicles.

I don't have access to any RC or BMX tracks and have mostly been playing in fields and parking lots. There's a couple skate parks around too but that's why my Notorious is currently on a time out. I guess the main things I'm looking for better are handling/speed on pavement, gravel and dirt but I'd also like to retain some durability since I still drive like a drunk toddler.

So... if you wanted something that was a nice offset to the Notorious (my only current RC) would you pick the Typhon or the Talion? Those have been the top 2 contenders but really, I could be talked into any of the other 6S vehicles.

I don't have access to any RC or BMX tracks and have mostly been playing in fields and parking lots. There's a couple skate parks around too but that's why my Notorious is currently on a time out. I guess the main things I'm looking for better are handling/speed on pavement, gravel and dirt but I'd also like to retain some durability since I still drive like a drunk toddler.

Knowing what I know now and had I owned a Notorious first, I'd choose the TalionV3. The Talion was my first Arrma and even now I still love it so. I haven't given the Typhon enough stick time yet to really explore it's capabilities but I do know that I can send that Talion hard and it glides like it's meant to be in the air. And on the street with Terrain Crushers, it absolutely flies as well. It's currently out of commission though with a broken wing mount and needs the Voltage upgrades that I bought a while back. I've been playing with the new Typhon so I didn't get to it this weekend as planned but it will get the repairs done before Christmas. I want to bring the entire fleet around to show all the younger nephews and cousins at Christmas dinner and remain the coolest uncle. :cool::devilish::giggle:

edit: I use ramps on grass because I don't have a bmx spot either. Only dirt I have is at work and while I could play there some, I usually try to get gone from the job when I can before something else is found that keeps me.

Interested to hear how you get on with those wheels/tyres, just what I’m looking for if they work well.
Any chance of a pic of them with the Typhon stock wheels showing the difference in width?
I certainly will do that tonight and post photos.

One thing to keep in mind. Air control with the stock tires is difficult. Nothing like your other 2 6s rigs. You usually get one chance to correct and you need to be quick.
I accidentally ended up with two sets of MX28 Badlands because I put em on a Christmas list and bought some myself. How do you think they'll go with the Typhon? I'm thinking I could get more air control?

I'm the same, fields and parking lots. No RC or BMX tracks around here.

The Talion is my first RC (was getting a Kraton but no stock so got the other Arrma Truggy). I feel that the Talion's faster and extremely well 'planted' on the pavement with the Road Crushers, and it was the same with the stock Katars. Off road the backflips work very well and it tears it up on grass. I've broken one thing so far, a steering block in the Talion when I hit a high angled kerb at about 40mph. All that a number of bad landings (I'm terrible at jumping) and cartwheels along the road managed to do was knock the rear wing off, but that screwed back on fine.

I've only driven my Typhon on pavement so far but it is more agile/nimble than the Talion, maybe more responsive overall but that also leads into the only slight downside. The Typhon does feel more 'squirrely' and I do feel more nervous driving it on road. That may be due to the Typhon being new to me though, as well as the much narrower wheels/tyres.

I'd still take the Talion first. I do plan on using the Typhon on road a lot going forward though, the wheels/tyres are going to be cheaper when they wear out, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back