Typhon 6s: new mamba X 8s ESC mesh/cogging??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi guys I’ve installed a castle mamba X 8s into my Typhon 6s for speed runs

when I pull the throttle just a tiny bit this happens… is that right? There’s not enough power to make the car go forward… I need to apply a little more throttle before it starts to move. As you can see the pinion and spool shake but don’t actually rotate… I’ve not setup the ESC on castle links software yet I was just testing it turns on and works

Last edited:
Did you fix it?

You should upgrade the motor for the is power if you're still using the same stock motor. Try that and it might solve this.
I’m not fixed it yet… I get the feeling with a new powerful ESC on a stock motor… meaning I can deliver power differently, in terms of less power (not enough to make the cogs actually turn)

however I might be totally wrong lol, I’ve got some new engine to ESC connectors I’m going to test and il get back with the findings

I’m not fixed it yet… I get the feeling with a new powerful ESC on a stock motor… meaning I can deliver power differently, in terms of less power (not enough to make the cogs actually turn)

however I might be totally wrong lol, I’ve got some new engine to ESC connectors I’m going to test and il get back with the findings
So I'm just going to leave you with this little bit of information from my personal experience. I took my stock 6s infraction and put an 8s esc in it FIRST only.

I was extremely disappointed with the performance and the speed as it wasn't much different from stock as you have experienced yourself in the post above.

Once I put a different motor in there that was more compatible with the 8S ESC , this thing was immediately faster and more powerful in general.

I think your whole issue disappears when you get the stock motor out of there. Upgrade the motor and I feel you'll be good after that. All you're going to do by adding larger Canyons to the stock motor is overheated especially if you're throwing 8s power at it.

Well the plan is to gear up and try some bigger pinions on the 34T spool I have… see what speeds I get… then hopefully upgrade the motor

Back