Typhon Typhon 6s ready for truggie mode. Complete! Now it's a Hybrid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of more upgrades after my last bash session, which were 30ft jumps. Front M2C shock tower and M2C front center driveshaft. I kept bending the crap out of the stock front center driveshaft. I'll see if I manage to bend the M2C one. I also installed an 18t pinion since I destroyed the 17t pinion. I'll be running it on 4s most likely all the time

20211022_184636.jpg
20211022_184630.jpg

So I ruined my stock chassis. Question is, should I get a TLR tuned chassis off Ebay for like $91.41 shipped or an M2C one for $145 shipped? Not much of a price difference and I know that the M2C one is a true 7075. Not sure about the TLR Typhon chassis. Plus I'm not sure if it can work for me either since my Typhon is a V3. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Typh...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

One of my stock motor's connections fell apart so I'll be installing the stock Felony motor. I'll keep the pinion at 22T.

20220108_194743.jpg
20220108_194737.jpg

Why not just solder a new bullet on the old motor? If the motor's good, one bad bullet shouldn't be its demise.
True but I want to see if the spectrum motor has more get up and go with the 22T pinion vs the older Arrma motor. Yeah I'm not going to throw the older motor away just for that 😅

I decided to take the MMX8S and 1650KV motor with 23T from my EXB MOJAVE (I have two of them) and slap it on my Typhon 6s! I also put a FlySky FS-GT5 6CH reciever. So this thing is fully upgraded now. New steering rack. It should be an even meaner little beast. I did have to steal the pps motor mount from my EXB Mojave so that the HW 1650KV motor could fit. It didn't fit with the HR motor mount

20220502_181915.jpg

My front diff was leaking and my input shaft was worn. I had an EXB Mojave diff and input shaft laying around, so I removed the slipper pads on the Mojave diff and put it back together so that it can work like a regular diff. I'm pretty sure that I have to replace the rear diff with the same kind of diff correct? I already ordered one from Lumindave off Ebay.

So I decided to buy Outcast 6s RMP arms front and rear and Outcast driveshafts. I have front Typhon shocks and front Outcast shocks in the rear. Can I re use those with this hybrid?

I tried putting the rear Outcast 6s rpm arms in the rear of my Typhon 6s, but I realized that the Outcast front shocks that I'm using in the rear of my Typhon are way too short. So I guess I also need rear O6S shocks? But how about the shock tower? Are the longer O6S Shocks going to work with the Typhon 6s shock towers?? Anyways, I went ahead and ordered a new set of rear lower control arms (stock Typhon 6s ones), since that's what I really need to get things back in action since I broke one doing 20ft plus jumps doing 50+ MPH. My top speed was 62MPH on grass with my truggified Typhon, Sketer tires, 23t pinion, Felony center diff, EXB outer diffs, MMX8S and HW 4985 1650KV motor. Yeah it's a little beast indeed. I just wanted to make it wider. Hehe.

Screenshot_20220524-122135_GNSS PA.jpg
20220524_164507.jpg

If you want wider, the Mohave arms are great, my truggified Typhon uses them, I sent stock Typhon towers too. Ifbi remember correctly I went to thicker shock oil and heavier springs. I run it with Mohave tires when I want it sporty and throw on some 2.8 DuraTrax belted tires when I want it more truck like. I find I take it out an awful lot considering how many rigs I own, it makes for a fun warm up rig and performs in almost any terrain. i kept it light with a max I combo which I find just a hair hotter then stock.

So my Truggified Typhon 6s is much more than that. Now it's a hybrid. The only thing left Typhon is the shock towers. Everything else is Outcast 6s parts, including arms, driveshafts and hubs. I like it. So much wider than the stock Typhon 6s. Oh yeah, and the body of course. And I love that Typhon body because it's well protected by the shock towers, so it doesn't get damaged during crashes. Now to go drive the thing. EXB differential so were installed in the front and rear. Felony center diff. The Sketer tires are working well with this set up. Front shocks = front O6S shocks. Rear shocks = rear Mojave EXB shocks

20220526_113041.jpg
20220526_113034.jpg
20220526_113026.jpg
20220526_113155.jpg

I wanted to clarify that the O6S shocks did not work for me in the front for this hybrid. I had to install rear Mojave shocks in the front and rear of my Typhon 6s in order for this to work with the Typhon 6s shock towers. I jumped it a few times and everything worked out well. The pic shows rear Mojave shocks all around

20220526_152819.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back