Typhon Typhon 6s ready for truggie mode. Complete! Now it's a Hybrid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a dumb question , if I truggify my Typhon ( hexes,hubs,axles from Kraton ) to use the 2.8's , can you go back to stock tires for some runs if you want to ?
Of course.

This is a dumb question , if I truggify my Typhon ( hexes,hubs,axles from Kraton ) to use the 2.8's , can you go back to stock tires for some runs if you want to ?
I must admit that it was pricy to trugify my Typhon, but was it worth it? YES. ?

I have these hexes and run 2.8 mx28 runs perfect for me on road and dirt

Attachments

• BF77DE39-7401-4086-A17A-3E862D3F8BC1.png
    BF77DE39-7401-4086-A17A-3E862D3F8BC1.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 302
Pricy ? excluding the tires ( I already have them ) , what did/does it approx. cost ? Thought it was less than $100 or so ?
Yup, it was about $100 plus the tires.

Yes you can just use the hex extenders but I bought the kraton parts from a breakers so it wasn't to expensive.

I just ordered all the Kraton parts to do mine ! Can't wait ! :D
It's well worth it. Just came from the park with my truggie Typhon beast. It's so much fun. The only thing that I have noticed that I don't care too much about is that with the change of tires and diff fluid, it now wants to wheelie as much as my Outcast 6s! I might try to lower the punch setting to see what happens. This thing is so stable though, even under full acceleration. I only flipped once ?.

Got my parts tonight , completed transformation in only about 1/2 hour , very easy !! Tip , you don't need to take the rear grub screws out of the original Typhon hubs because the new parts are complete for rear , the front you have to take out to install the Typhon driveshafts into the new Kraton axle. I used a heat gun on the front hexes and the grub screws came right out no problem.

Wheelie bar looks good! After replacing the the stock diff fluids with 30k rear, 500k middle and 50k front this thing has come alive. It's a freaking beast with those tires too. View attachment 53890
So Awe---some. Must re---sist! Will not truggify my new Typhon 6s! Some---one please he--lp me!

Do it! It's a completely different beast. And it looks sooooooo cool.
I haven't even run mine yet and already the pressure is on. This is not going to end well for Notorious J?

I haven't even run mine yet and already the pressure is on. This is not going to end well for Notorious J?
You have'nt driven it at all ? Or haven't driven it in Truggified mode ? My first drive of mine as a "Truggified" isn't until Saturday . Having a bash day with friends at the local BMX track . Bringing the Xmaxx , Talion,Mojave , and the new Typhon Truggified . Oh, and I put 300k in center diff and HR chassis mounts .
It's well worth it. Just came from the park with my truggie Typhon beast. It's so much fun. The only thing that I have noticed that I don't care too much about is that with the change of tires and diff fluid, it now wants to wheelie as much as my Outcast 6s! I might try to lower the punch setting to see what happens. This thing is so stable though, even under full acceleration. I only flipped once ?.
Did you say what pinion you have in it now and I didn't see ?

Last edited:
You have'nt driven it at all ? Or haven't driven it in Truggified mode ? My first drive of mine as a "Truggified" isn't until Saturday . Having a bash day with friends at the local BMX track . Bringing the Xmaxx , Talion,Mojave , and the new Typhon Truggified . Oh, and I put 300k in center diff and HR chassis mounts .

I'm waiting on a Tactic from Jennys. Wouldn't dare take it out with the stock Spektrum.

Stock pinion. I do have the 20T pinion in my tool box. I would have to put the stock tires back and run it on a huge parking lot close to me if I were to do that. The 20T is only for flat surfaces from what I understand. I'm thinking about getting me one of those GPS devices to see what kind of top speed I can get ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back