Typhon Typhon 6S RTR and TLR (w/ usual RTR electrics) question about fans/heatsink, dusty covers, shocks,tires/tyres?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
Hey all!
I absolutely appreciate every timenI can come here and ask or comment because while I still consider myself new, I learned and got so much from this community.

To the point now. Got myself the TLR and my son a really good 2nd hand RTR (£350 almost new, clean and w 2 batteries and charger hahahhahaa).

1.) So, do you cover your 6S cars, do you have to? I have OCD and I hate if poop gets in, but here everything is metal so maybe I don't mind, dunno. Still have that mud and stuff gets into them, do you protect the interior of your 6s cars? I hate the grass and else that goes into the ESC ☹️

2.) i run my tlr and my sons tlr on 6S (he gets 50% but im pretty sure the car still does 40 40mph under 5seconds. The motor gets hot, burns a bit when I do my part, but I guess thats still ok, because battery life is still stelar, despite of me almost only full throttlint on 16T 100% 6S 100C. But i still want fan and heatsink recommendation please! You probably know space is tight in the sexy Typhon bodies.

3.) The shocks on TLR are godlike. Never seen anything like it. You drop the car w batteries and all, it plushes down (doesn't bottom out) and plushes back in, no jumpy rebound. Mouthwatering. Same on new RTRs but we know RTR Typhon shocks are bit smaller. My problem is that they still bottom out and feel a bit weaker. The car was used but good conditions so I wonder if the springs got weaker if the car just stood in its wheels for 1y+ ? I refilld the shocks w 550 cSt and it did improve but still not like TLR.

4.) Tyre options for the TLR? I don't race for now I just bash on a short, shortish and dirt mix. The buggy race tires are not good and the katar rtr are good, but the 3S typhon tyres are ballooning. Please advise me on tires.

5.) Btw I found the similar to TLR HoBao buggy for £199 as roller. Takes 2-6S, all metal drivetrain. I cant wait to try it. First probably will run on 4S 100-120C then see some 6S system. Cant wair, its probably a lot of car for the money.

6.) My weird 4S Big Rock. So I broke my Vorteks chassis under full 4S system, full full. So not just 4S electronics, but also everything from the left and right of the diffs 4S. And the car behave weird. Nose is always very down. car just wants to wheelie on even just 3S. (13T pin, since its literally a 4S Kraton but Big Rock chassis, body, bumpers and body post.) Some advised loose or wearing slipper, which I ll check.

I think thats it as a check in from me. Gonna post some pics of my Arrma babies too.

Turbo RC is going well, although lack of proper dedication shows its signs, but the brand is building nicely and if Im engaged w the community, orders are flowing in.

Ps. Keep in mind I live in UK
ps2. the beers I had during writing this post. One I leave for my wife, this beer is life

IMG_20230430_230754.jpg

IMG_20230419_191027.jpg

IMG_20230430_172701.jpg

IMG_20230420_172324.jpg

IMG_20230420_172014.jpg

IMG_20230430_184626.jpg

IMG_20230430_154828.jpg

IMG_20230430_143335.jpg

IMG_20230420_172021.jpg

Last edited:
I found the Typhon best suited on 4s.
The Box stock Arrma pin tires just suck. Way too hard. Best for street/pavement running/bashing if anything.
I've tried my Mojave's Fortress tires, working nicely on my TLRT Typhon. Much more bite on grass and dirt. A durable tire IMHO. Still running the OE boxed ones on my V1 Mojave. JennysRC has them cheapest here in the States.
Perhaps even a better set of Softer and legit Track Buggy pin tires would work. Many don't like the Hard stocker TLRT tires. And on any track they are literally useless. The Katars are no better IMHO.

You don't need any chassis cover on the Typhon. Just adds more Heat IMHO. Played around with many Chassis covers years past. ( DMC Brand) They simply suck. Waste of Coin. The Buggy body is tight enough fitting, keeping out much dirt. Some Dirt is inevitable, don't be anal about that.
Make sure to have a decent fan on a Fan mount. for your Typhon. Don't bother with a Heat sink. One 40mm x 10m Fan blowing directly onto the motor is best. I run fairly cool with a 22T Pinion. on 4s. (58 mph) How I fly. Yeah things can get hot under any tight fitting Buggy body, especially if running with 6s packs. Not best overall IMHO. Some will "Vent" the body in good areas for air cooling ingress and flow to the motor and ESC. Motor is more critical IMHO.

:cool:

Edited.

20230501_132627.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back