Typhon ARRMA Typhon RTR TLR 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently got a RTR TLR ARRMA 6s Typhon to go racing at my 1:8 racing club. The course itself is off-road, with a few jumps and one strip of tarmac. Can anybody recommend a good setup using the TLR features and the ESC??

Thanks
:)

You will want and need a 4s ESC/Motor setup. The limit at 99% of Tracks is 4s packs.
Leave the TLRT in stock setup config at first. And learn to drive it as is. The TLRT manual is very clear with setup and explaining the Pill changes etc. Start reading it more. Buy Tires that most are using at your track. Ask there first!!
I know for sure the Included stocker tries will be NG. Promise. They are too hard to begin with.(n) Try for yourself on the track and you will see what I mean
I run an XR8 Plus HW, 2250kv 6s combo. And with 4s Race packs only . But you use can a better, lighter setup. You want to keep the chassis light. It's a bit heavier than most Track Race Kit built models like from TA and Losi and Tekno. Be very careful with adding too much in Bling alloy, if you can avoid the temptation. Just adds more weight. (n)CF Towers are one good option down the road. Lightening it more. Lowering the C of G.

Look at the HW XR8 Pro Sensored combos. Sensored setups are best for a techncial track setting.
Have fun at the track.
:cool:

You will want and need a 4s ESC/Motor setup. The limit at 99% of Tracks is 4s packs.
Leave the TLRT in stock setup config at first. And learn to drive it as is. The TLRT manual is very clear with setup and explaining the Pill changes etc. Start reading it more. Buy Tires that most are using at your track. Ask there first!!
I know for sure the Included stocker tries will be NG. Promise. They are too hard to begin with.(n) Try for yourself on the track and you will see what I mean
I run an XR8 Plus HW, 2250kv 6s combo. And with 4s Race packs only . But you use can a better, lighter setup. You want to keep the chassis light. It's a bit heavier than most Track Race Kit built models like from TA and Losi and Tekno. Be very careful with adding too much in Bling alloy, if you can avoid the temptation. Just adds more weight. (n)CF Towers are one good option down the road. Lightening it more. Lowering the C of G.

Look at the HW XR8 Pro Sensored combos. Sensored setups are best for a techncial track setting.
Have fun at the track.
:cool:
Yes, the rules are 4s and what about the ESC? Should I fine tune any of these setting??

Thanks
E077B2D2-B6E6-4275-AE9D-1D179CC5F86C.jpeg

Turn off reverse, max punch, run 4S batteries and get the right tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back