Typhon Typhon - first Arrma purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrizh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all, looking to purchase my first Arrma, and been tempted by the new 4x4 Typhon. My previous R/C experience started with Tamiya kit builds. I then moved on to RTR with Traxxas. I'm keen to add Arrma to the collection now! I've just about got space on the shelves (or, I'll just get more shelves lol)

Is the Typhon a good model?

20181208_002702.jpg

Love your collection! Lunchbox was my first real RC back in the 90's and one of the reasons I picked a Notorious as my first surface RC since about then was because it reminded me of the Midnight Pumpkin!

Only been back at it for a couple weeks and already debating between a Typhon, Kraton or Talion for my second Arrma.

Cheers all. I know there's some rivalry between Traxxas and Arrma supporters, but to be honest I'm less interested in that. I just buy and run with whatever I get kicks outta! I can't complain about any of the Traxxas I own (though I least like the Slash if I'm honest!). I've had a lot of fun with both X-Maxx and E-Revo.

I've heard good things about Arrma and want to give then a shot. I prefer off road and really want a good buggy which is why I'm leaning towards the Typhon.

Love your collection! Lunchbox was my first real RC back in the 90's and one of the reasons I picked a Notorious as my first surface RC since about then was because it reminded me of the Midnight Pumpkin!

Only been back at it for a couple weeks and already debating between a Typhon, Kraton or Talion for my second Arrma.

Thanks! You sound a lot like me lol! I always wanted a Midnight Pumpkin when I was a kid. My friend and naighbour at the time, his older brother used to have one and that's where the interest started.

However, life etc. I never got round to getting in to the hobby until this year. I was in a position that I could afford to pick up kits, so I did! Ended up with about 10 Tamiya kits I'd built in the space of 6 months!! Hated the painting at first, enjoyed the building. Then it went full circle and I started enjoying the painting more then the building.

Don't have the time to build now though, which is where the RTR stuff started appearing on my radar and fortunately or unfortunately depending where you sit, Traxxas shouted the loudest.

Definitely going for the Typhon now though. Going to get the 2019 3S model I think. Just gotta await stock.

Welcome! Watch some YouTube videos on each model. If you like to bash, then you are at the right place. I have a kraton and want a Typhon because the buggy is quick to turn and speed

I will say that the typhon is a worthy purchase! Love my typhon and frequently switch up between bashing, street racing and when I get a chance... even track racing. I have set ups for all different kinds of driving just this one car. Super fun buggy. It will impress you!

Cheers all. I know there's some rivalry between Traxxas and Arrma supporters, but to be honest I'm less interested in that.

It's not a fanboy rivalry or have anyting to do with their frivolous lawsuit or anything like that, it's just a fact. Having owned both, I've had both my Traxxas vehicles (rustler vxl and stampede vxl) replace multiple electronics though warranty in the first 2 months of ownership (2 servos, an esc, and an esc fan), and had to spend a bucket on replacement breakages and aluminum upgrades to prevent further ones. Arrma has been running stock out the box fine with no issues.

Also started with a tamiya Midnight Pumpkin 20+ years ago when I was into this stuff :D.

Hey all, looking to purchase my first Arrma, and been tempted by the new 4x4 Typhon. My previous R/C experience started with Tamiya kit builds. I then moved on to RTR with Traxxas. I'm keen to add Arrma to the collection now! I've just about got space on the shelves (or, I'll just get more shelves lol)

Is the Typhon a good model?

View attachment 25455
Hello and welcome!!!! I recently made the switch from Traxxas to Aarma back in August. I bought the Typhon and don't regret a thing!!!! Will be buying a Notorious next. Out of the box I have to say the Typhon has been the most durable of any rtr I have ever bought. I am in the process of upgrading to Outcast hubs to widen it out and be able to use 2.8 wheel/tire combos as well as buggy treads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back