Typhon Typhon just stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hfactor858

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all - brand new to Arrma - got my daughter a Typhon 3s - that she loves. It’s only 3 months old though...
Recently Had to warranty out the motor, as it froze or burned out.

I just replaced the motor, cleaned all bearing carriers and upgraded to a 20t .08 pinion. I’ve only run it once now to test and the esc seems to be shutting it off. Worried, as it was doing that before the first motor died.

what should I be looking for ?
Saw a thread about the battery “c’s” ... and running a 2s 35c lipo....

Thanks in advance !
Hfactor

Hey all - brand new to Arrma - got my daughter a Typhon 3s - that she loves. It’s only 3 months old though...
Recently Had to warranty out the motor, as it froze or burned out.

I just replaced the motor, cleaned all bearing carriers and upgraded to a 20t .08 pinion. I’ve only run it once now to test and the esc seems to be shutting it off. Worried, as it was doing that before the first motor died.

what should I be looking for ?
Saw a thread about the battery “c’s” ... and running a 2s 35c lipo....

Thanks in advance !
Hfactor
What mah is your Lipo? That makes a difference too.

That should meet the minimum. Do you have a lipo checker? What are the cell voltages before running and when it stops running?
I do not - pretty new battery. Had just completed a full charge down to store and balanced charged before this test run. I’ll need to get a lipo tester

I do not - pretty new battery. Had just completed a full charge down to store and balanced charged before this test run. I’ll need to get a lipo tester
It’s well worth the $10 to have that info. Then you know if it’s the batteries or the ESC. Another cheap item to have is a pocket IR thermometer to check temps. Those are cheap as well.

Afternoon - thanks all for the assist -
Pinion has come loose. Repaired - battery voltage seems good.

esc lights - red , as it accelerates, it also has the green light on at top speed -
That means throttle is calibrated ?
cannot find any details to light codes etc ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back