Typhon mega/3s vs Krayton 4s A-arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I'm just curious how different are the Typhon mega/3s A-arms from the Krayton 4s. They both use the same diffs and the same upper diff housings. The major differences I see are in the:
chassis
drive shaft lengths
turnbuckle lengths
hex nuts and hubs

I'm asking this because I really like HZRDOS's custom CVD idea for his granite. The only thing I don't like is the idea of having to buy 4 sets of CVD's only to mix and match and have to modify 1/2 of the sets.

I'm just curious how different are the Typhon mega/3s A-arms from the Krayton 4s. They both use the same diffs and the same upper diff housings. The major differences I see are in the:
chassis
drive shaft lengths
turnbuckle lengths
hex nuts and hubs

I'm asking this because I really like HZRDOS's custom CVD idea for his granite. The only thing I don't like is the idea of having to buy 4 sets of CVD's only to mix and match and have to modify 1/2 of the sets.
The chassis is technically the same, it might show a different part number only because they made some revisions to the chassis it has some extra bracing and holes for the aluminum hinge pin mounts. But is backwards compatible with the old models.

Just remember it will make the car much wider.

I've contemplated doing this to my Typhon a few times but it isn't cheap.

I'm already running a mega, so doing anything worthwhile isn't cheap.
What's less expensive, having to buy 2 sets of Typhon CVD axels and 2 sets of Krayton axels and modify the Krayton ends to make 2 sets of hybrid axles, versus, swapping out the suspensions and using just the longer Krayton CVD axels?

Never mind, I just priced out all the major parts, and it would cost about $250, vs, the $160 or so to buy all the axels. Even less since it would just need to be the Typhon cvds.

Also, would the Krayton A-arms allow me to raise the ride height to more like a Truggy?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back