Typhon Typhon TLR Tuned front shock piston changed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yonic

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Voltage
When the TTLR was released, the car came with 4x1.4 piston in the front (colored black) and 8x1.2 in the rear (white). The front shock piston was never available on sale and wasnt even listed on HH site (there was even an optional 6x1.3 version that was also never on sale).

Sometime since the launch the specs changed, it seems that now the TTLR is shipping with a new part, a 6x1.2 piston in the front in white.

Does anyone bought a TTLR recently and can say which front piston came with the car? black or white?

Thanks.

The 4x1.4 gives 6.16 sq mm, and the 6x1.2 gives 6.79 sq mm. That's pretty comparable in my book. Also, Arrmas come with option pistons. Further, an undersized piston can be drilled out, and a blank piston can be custom valved using a 1-2mm drill bit and a pin vise by hand. And if that's not enough, damping characteristics can be tuned by changing and/or blending oil weights.

Bottom line, I think you'll be able to get the valving you want with minimal resources and minimal dependence on international shipping.

Yes the area is similar but the pack characteristics are completely different.

the Typhon TLR (of all the 6s Arrmas) comes without the optional pistons 🤷‍♂️ And they use a different piston than normal, it has an angled side and made of derlin.

not being able to buy spare parts, or really understand what the parts the car use is very bad for a car that intended to be used in races.

Just cracked open the front shocks in my new tlr roller as they came a bit under filled. It has white 4-hole pistons. Didn't pull the pistons to measure the hole size but they were definitely white with 4 holes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back