Typhon TLR tuned Typhon RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello! I'm considering the rtr version of the tlr typhon as my next car. I had the normal 6s version before and liked it very much, so i was wondering how big of an upgrade the tlr version would be over the basic one. Will the stock tyres hold up to 6s? Should i get two 3s batteries or one 6s? I'm also worried about breaking the wing if i go and bash it. If there's any upgrades or any little weaknesses i should know about, let me know!

I had some pretty good crashes at the track and only ever broke shock stand offs. Wing looks like it's been through hell but never broke. Also didn't realize all my front hinge pins were pretty bent until I took it apart to convert it to on road.
Stock tire traction is poop and it was only 4s. You gonna bash or track it?

I had some pretty good crashes at the track and only ever broke shock stand offs. Wing looks like it's been through hell but never broke. Also didn't realize all my front hinge pins were pretty bent until I took it apart to convert it to on road.
Stock tire traction is poop and it was only 4s. You gonna bash or track it?
It will be more track focused but i still want to be able to take it out somewhere else for random fun every now and then

4s with the right gearing for your track. Good set of tires that are matched to the surface. Drop the weight of the fluids in all 3 diffs. Play with esc settings to get the driveability you want. Also only make one change at a time and test it. I made the mistake of changing multiple things at once and I didn't know what helped or hurt.

Totally agree about 4s. 6s can be too much, drivability suffers, drivetrain breaks much more easily. They are still a beast on 4s, no need at all for 6s IMO.

Totally agree about 4s. 6s can be too much, drivability suffers, drivetrain breaks much more easily. They are still a beast on 4s, no need at all for 6s IMO.
I'm sure 6s can be too much for some people but it's a pretty easy car to drive hard. Also i'm afraid 4s would be a little lame after 6s

Last edited:
I'm sure 6s can be too much for some people but it's a pretty easy car to drive hard. Also i'm afraid 4s would be a little lame after 6s
You mentioned that this build would be mostly track focused. If you run 6s on track you’ll be adding too much weight, too much power, handling will suffer and you’ll have to turn down your power level substantially to be able to control it. At least that’s what I’ve heard, and I’ve never heard of anyone ever running 6s while track racing. It’s not that 6s might be ”too much for some people,” it’s more like 6s seems like too much for the truck. 6s could be fun for bashing, but you’ll break many more components.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back