Typhon wheels not spinning, but whining sound coming from motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckenator

Reaction score
Hi All!

I just got a Typhon 3s 4x4 RTR a few weeks ago. My son took it out yesterday and was playing with it and according to him hit a curb at a high rate of speed. Now it won't move. I can hear the motor running when I apply throttle, but no movement. Any suggestions on what may have happened, and how I can fix it? TIA!

When you put it back together don’t forget to set the gear mesh, you can find plenty of videos on YouTube on how to do this.

I had a similar situation occur the other day while I was running one of my RC vehicles. I found the screws holding the motor to the motor plate were loose, which caused the pinion to pull away from the spur gear. Setting the gear mesh and tightening down the motor screws resolved the issue.

I had a similar situation occur the other day while I was running one of my RC vehicles. I found the screws holding the motor to the motor plate were loose, which caused the pinion to pull away from the spur gear. Setting the gear mesh and tightening down the motor screws resolved the issue.
Hopefully that is all that is wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back