unbalanced battery cells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rather expensive Smart lipos tend to have issues. HH might warranty them with a receipt. You are not alone with this issue . Seen it elsewhere with others, as you have.

Good point. I don't have experience with the smart LiPos, but that does add another level of complexity, and a possible failure point. Sorry, I was just assuming this was a normal "dumb" LiPo.

Horizon has a reputation for being good with warranty coverage, I would reach out to them.

Engin, for curiosity, what DC voltage do you get if you measure across the large main contacts (red & black)?

Those Gen 1 Smart lipos are known to get all wonky when the Smart BattGo chip inside fails. My guess is from bashing impacts? IDK. Sometimes when they are very fairly new. Because the chip is tied into the balance lead circuit. When it fails, it won't allow a charge.
Many guys all into that Smart Eco thing buy the proprietary Smart Lipo checker. Because it can read the Battgo chip information, cylce count and the lipo paramaters and can even set up the Auto DIscharge parameters. I don't feel you should invest in it at this point. Depends how truly invested you are with those Smart lipos. But Seems thats the only way to utilize those Smart Lipos most effectively. Call HH. Some have said there is a 1 year warranty? not 100% sure. Otherwise just buy standard Dumb lipos moving forward.;)

I was browsing Youtube trying to find a solution. And realized that my batteries could also have very low voltage. And subsequently, any smart lipo charger is refusing to charge or gives all kinds of warnings.
Please check this solution. I will also try it and let you know if it succeeds.

How to Fix a Lipo Battery

Good point. I don't have experience with the smart LiPos, but that does add another level of complexity, and a possible failure point. Sorry, I was just assuming this was a normal "dumb" LiPo.

Horizon has a reputation for being good with warranty coverage, I would reach out to them.

Engin, for curiosity, what DC voltage do you get if you measure across the large main contacts (red & black)?
Ok guess what. I read 1.8V :unsure: No idea how it is possible since I never used these batteries (purchased a year ago)
In this case, the single-cell charge with a small Lipo charger would work. I let you know.

Hello again,

When you charge each cell separately - as shown in the video - up to 3.5 volts ( it took approx. 24 minutes to bring up to 3.5 volts with a small lipo charger) the smart charger is able to charge with a balancer plug.
Previously showing the "perform unbalancing task?" message was the result of the very low voltage in every single cell.
Well the batteries are saved(y) and thank you all for your support and help.

Well that's good news! Please keep an eye on that pack (I'd probably mark it). That is a very deep discharge, which will have been bad for the pack. If it starts to puff/swell, or otherwise act strangely, you may want to dispose of it.

I wonder if maybe the smart circuit board puts a tiny drain on the pack, perhaps? Because if the entire pack's total voltage was 1.8V, that is REALLY low.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back