Use motor analyzer on Hobbywing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the sensor test? Probably not.

Hobbywing makes an adapter to use other brand motors with the sensored HW ESC. But you’d need the opposite cable and I don’t think they make one.

Buy the HW adapter cable and a spare Castle or other standard sensor cable, join them, and plug it in to your tester.

Hobbywing sells their own analyzer =D

That won’t work. The adapter works the other way. I think.
You’re right, I was thinking backwards. What about getting the standard cable an extra and replacing the plug on the side that connects to the analyzer? There are special crimpers for tiny pins, also. Or you could cut the HW adaptor wire and join it by soldering each lead, but it would be pretty tedious. Possible, though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still researching for ideas. If I can find a compatible plug I can do some soldering and make my own adapter. I am used to soldering small wires and electronics as my second hobby is computerized led Christmas lighting.

Buy the HW adapter cable and a spare Castle or other standard sensor cable, join them, and plug it in to your tester.
+1
Definitely should work as he stated above. Just need to work around that new type HW Sensor lead.
It is IP-xx rated and I can see why HW changed over to that design.
Traditional sensor leads/ports are prone to Water and dirt Ingress.

You definitely need this:

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/sensor-convertor-cable

I use the BLX Motor Analyzer for all my motors even Non sensored types. And first thing when new out the box I test them. Many cheaper motors never test out KV's to be as advertised. Arrma and Spektrum BLX 2050 kv motors test out barely to 1930 Kvs' FWIW as an example.
Yet All my HW motors are usually on point. For many years now. On my second analyzer. I burned out the first one. But got my moneys worth.
A great RC tool, albeit expensive, at around $100.

Last edited:
+1
Definitely should work as he stated above. Just need to work around that new type HW Sensor lead.
It is IP-xx rated and I can see why HW changed over to that design.
Traditional sensor leads/ports are prone to Water and dirt Ingress.

You definitely need this:

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/sensor-convertor-cable

I use the BLX Motor Analyzer for all my motors even Non sensored types. And first thing when new out the box I test them. Many cheaper motors never test out KV's to be as advertised. Arrma and Spektrum BLX 2050 kv motors test out barely to 1930 Kvs' FWIW as an example.
Yet All my HW motors are usually on point. For many years now. On my second analyzer. I burned out the first one. But got my moneys worth.
A great RC tool, albeit expensive, at around $100.
That convertor cable connects to the Hobbywing esc and then to another brand motor. What I need is one that connects to the Hobbywing motor and then connects via jst to the motor analyzer. For example if I had a bad Hobbywing esc, I could cut the sensor wire off of it and add the jst connector to the other end. I did make the mistake of ordering the sensor convertor cable and now have it but I can't use it for what I need. Thank you for the information anyway. By the way, what is the BLX Analyzer? I didn't find it with Google search. Thanks again.

This is what I use.
You could always test the motor without the sensor lead. It will also test unsensored mode type Motors. You just wont get the Timing in degrees of the 3 Hall Effect Sensores. Just the Average Timing of the 3 . Which is fine. But all other Values will be read with no sensor lead attached.
But I get what you mean now. (y)
If you only had the "pin out diagram" of that Propretary Sensor connector., you could technically make your own JST Sensor lead adapter.:unsure:

1686323143881.png

Not important to have for the average basher. But if you are into the BLX motors, aspect of RC, it tells you how well your motor is doing and if has deviated specs., Verifying actual Kvs and RPMs. Bad Hall effect sensors, Bad BB's. etc. Accurate timing. Sensor boards do go bad. And armature rotor shimming at the sensor board should provide a 1 mm air gap between the rotor and Sensors. And verified with the Motor analyzer's 3 Phases of timing testing . You can lose Timing advance otherwise. Motor performance drops.

Last edited:
Yes. That looks exactly like the analyzer I use. Just has a different brand name on it. Probably rolls off the same assembly line. So far I haven't been able to read any timing on my Hobbywing motor, individual or total. That is why I am trying to figure out this sensor adapter thing.

I was able to email Hobbywing support and get a response from them. They actually do make the exact cable adapter I am looking for. The part number is 30810007. But now there is a new challenge. I am unable find one that can be shipped to the United States. They are apparently sold in the hobby shops in Europe but are unavailable to ship here. I will continue the quest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back