Vendetta vendetta. any overheating problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke66

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vendetta
i heard about these cars overheating. has this happened to anyone? should this be something to be worried about? i have a new vendetta that i have yet to drive (all my rc stuff is in Tennessee, i am not) and i would like to know if its a big problem. and what to do about it.

i heard about these cars overheating. has this happened to anyone? should this be something to be worried about? i have a new vendetta that i have yet to drive (all my rc stuff is in Tennessee, i am not) and i would like to know if its a big problem. and what to do about it.

If you're pushing it to over 80+ MPH continuously then Yes ,it may become a problem.

How are you intending to drive it?
Speed runs, Drag race, or Hooning??

Point: you can make any RC car overheat.

-over-gear
-under maintained (resistance from bad bearings, gear mesh or binding somewhere)
-under-sized electronics for weight and size

Stock 3s trucks are approaching their limit, but they should be able to manage heat pretty well unless you're - for example - doing back to back to back full speed passes on the street. Improving heat dissipation is not hard though. remove the heatsink and use a quality fan on a fan mount blowing across the motor. Should take care of almost all conditions.

If you're pushing it to over 80+ MPH continuously then Yes ,it may become a problem.

How are you intending to drive it?
Speed runs, Drag race, or Hooning??
pretty much everything. i still have yet to drive it (have to wait a month) im planning on keeping the stock gearing on.

Let me be blunt Arrma stock fans are horrible. I replace them all with 40mm 3s fans. Heat will kill electronics and that means downtime and premature failure.

pretty much everything. i still have yet to drive it (have to wait a month) im planning on keeping the stock gearing on.

In that case..
I suggest you buy another "backup" Vendetta..

That way when one Overheats from your Speed Runs..
You just whip out the other one and continue your Fun!

No waiting. 👊😜

In that case..
I suggest you buy another "backup" Vendetta..

That way when one Overheats from your Speed Runs..
You just whip out the other one and continue your Fun!

No waiting. 👊😜
That's what I do, Bash with a few vehicles.

Point: you can make any RC car overheat.

-over-gear
-under maintained (resistance from bad bearings, gear mesh or binding somewhere)
-under-sized electronics for weight and size

Stock 3s trucks are approaching their limit, but they should be able to manage heat pretty well unless you're - for example - doing back to back to back full speed passes on the street. Improving heat dissipation is not hard though. remove the heatsink and use a quality fan on a fan mount blowing across the motor. Should take care of almost all conditions.

This-
I just switched to a powerhobbies mount and 30x30 rocket fan and its absolutely awesome on temps now. I bashed it HARD on a 100 degree day (heat index was 115) and giving it everything it had it saw like 165 on the motor.

20230721_230756.jpg

This-
I just switched to a powerhobbies mount and 30x30 rocket fan and its absolutely awesome on temps now. I bashed it HARD on a 100 degree day (heat index was 115) and giving it everything it had it saw like 165 on the motor.

View attachment 314971

Only thing with "Just a Fan" cooling is WHEN that fan fails*** -During your bashing session and you don't catch it in time- the motor has No other ways of cooling itself.

That's my main concern with those kinds of cooling setups..

From pebbles/rock/grass getting jammed in the fan , fan blade(s) breaking off , or the fan bearings/bushing seizing up.

Only thing with "Just a Fan" cooling is WHEN that fan fails*** -During your bashing session and you don't catch it in time- the motor has No other ways of cooling itself.

That's my main concern with those kinds of cooling setups..

From pebbles/rock/grass getting jammed in the fan , fan blade(s) breaking off , or the fan bearings/bushing seizing up.

You make a good solid point Sir but if I may add..
That rocket fan is certainly a loud sob. I feel like if it dies and goes all silent Prius mode you should easily be able to hear that something isn't right 🙂
My personal beliefs on the heatsink is that without sufficient fresh air flow they aren't much help on thier own. With nearly sealed bodies im not sure there would be enough airflow to really help..

This is just my thought on it buddy. As mentioned you make a good point, and others may want to fallow your advice if they don't think they would hear if the fans died. 🙂

You make a good solid point Sir but if I may add..
That rocket fan is certainly a loud sob. I feel like if it dies and goes all silent Prius mode you should easily be able to hear that something isn't right 🙂
My personal beliefs on the heatsink is that without sufficient fresh air flow they aren't much help on thier own. With nearly sealed bodies im not sure there would be enough airflow to really help..

This is just my thought on it buddy. As mentioned you make a good point, and others may want to fallow your advice if they don't think they would hear if the fans died. 🙂

Nice counter argument sir.
You are correct.

Just about all the RC bodies tend to choke off the airflow ,for sure.
You would basically need an open sandrail "rollcage" setup to allow for max airflow and heat exhaust...
(Luckily I've been working on such a vehicle. Sssssssshh. 🙊 )

Nice counter argument sir.
You are correct.

Just about all the RC bodies tend to choke off the airflow ,for sure.
You would basically need an open sandrail "rollcage" setup to allow for max airflow and heat exhaust...
(Luckily I've been working on such a vehicle. Sssssssshh. 🙊 )

😍 looking forward to that reveal whenever it may be!
As far as me being correct- as the saying goes "every dog has its day" 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back