Venom Pro charger closeout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how much of a issue it will be for my lipos that I can't tune the charge rate to exactly 1c on the venom.
So that’s a good question, and I’ll give you my opinion. All batteries have a max charge rate, for instance most of my 5k mah packs are 3C meaning I could charge at 15A. The manufacturer’s say that doing so will reduce the life of the battery, I’m sure it will, but the big unknown is how much? Also what impact is say 2C charging? So in your case 10A would be 1.4C for your 7200 packs. I’d be comfortable with that, but you are correct in that 5A would take more time.

Some here act like anything over 1C is risk for atomic level destruction, I don’t agree. The only battery I’ve worn out so far was a 3S pack for my Losi Mini 8ight buggy, it lasted 10 years before I accidentally left it fully charged for like a month and pulled it out and it was puffed, so that was my fault. I’d really like to see a controlled test of say 30 packs, all max 3C charge, 10 each charged at 1, 2, and 3C, all discharged equally and then cycled until failure. So after say 100 charge cycles what impact would charge rate have on capacity, if any, what impact would be seen on the discharge C, how much would life be shortened?

Now all of that said, I’ll reiterate, I would not want the Venom to be my only charger, no programmability, no IR check, no support of different chemistries, so if you are going to only have one charger, I would say go with your HTRC (knowing nothing about that charger I say that assuming it is decent from a quick search for features). Hope that helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back