Venting Pro-Line Slingshot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deiglie

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you recommend that you vent Pro-Line Sling shot 3.8 sand tires? Going to drive in snow and sand..

This is the info i find, only tape inside. Nothing about venting outside: Placing a piece of waterproof tape (such as Duct Tape) over the Wheel Vent Hole is a quick and easy method of preventing anything from getting inside Your Tires.

Hi,

Do you recommend that you vent Pro-Line Sling shot 3.8 sand tires? Going to drive in snow and sand..

This is the info i find, only tape inside. Nothing about venting outside: Placing a piece of waterproof tape (such as Duct Tape) over the Wheel Vent Hole is a quick and easy method of preventing anything from getting inside Your Tires.
If the rims are taped when there's no vent holes in the tyres, the wheels will have a bounce effect rather than a cushion effect and it's fairly noticeable. Use a sharpened 3/8" brass tube in a drill to punch at least 2 holes in the tyres, 180° from each other

I vent all my tires, but I don't run in dirt/sand hardly ever. An occasional rip across a gravel parking lot or soft ball infield. Otherwise I'm on grass, pavement or snow/slush. I see a lot of wet grass in the warmer months, so I vent them mostly for that. When I get a bug up my butt, I'll go out in the cold and run in the snow a bit.

Just make sure that before you put them away for the day that you find somewhere relatively flat, long and dry to slowly accelerate to half speed or so for a ways so you can fling all the water out.

I'm taping mine with gorilla duct tape and sealing the rim hole and venting the tire with leather punch $5 from harbor freight. Works great. I've seen punchers like this online that had a wider opening incase you start shoving some monster tires in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back