Pro Line Employees ? ( Masher X-HP )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUISLIDE

1st of his name , breaker of diffs
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast EXB
  8. Vendetta
so i have a relatively new set of Pro Line Masher X-HP's . Maybe 4 runs on them . im running a 56112 980KV with 33/39 gearing , so nothin too crazy . on my last run out , one of them came apart . like ripped the tire and completely broke the woven belt , almost so cleanly youd swear it was cut . Which brings me to my post . Half is info as far as real world testing for everyone , and the other is hopes someone from proline might be able to help me out and possibly get this replaced for me ? they are a little over a year old so id assume any kind of warranty is out of the question , but figured id take a shot on here to see if the right person may be able to help me out . even though they are kind of aged , they have hardly any run time on them , and for almost 100 bucks a pair , for them to come apart like this , is shi*ty . Ive always ran Pro Line , and cant say they have EVER done me wrong , so please note im not bitching or bashing them . maybe i just had a fluke and got a bad tire . any help would be appreciated . side note , they handled GREAT on my K8EXB . little hard and slick on grass , but i liked the ability to speed slide , and run my rig close to flat out . Bounce absorption was pretty good for a low pro also . weight is a little less than the stock copperheads so they were very responsive also .
20230603_160139.jpg
20230603_160155.jpg
20230603_160148.jpg

I run a lot of 1/5th scale proline tires, including the mashers and I've never had this happen. I'm wondering if your tires sitting there exposed for a year degraded them. I think I remember earl moorhead saying that was a real thing.

I run a lot of 1/5th scale proline tires, including the mashers and I've never had this happen. I'm wondering if your tires sitting there exposed for a year degraded them. I think I remember earl moorhead saying that was a real thing.
i have no idea . One of the old schoolers at the hobby shop said thats unheard of . i did check diffs also thinking maybe i was low on oil , or a broken outdrive gear causing "diff-out" but everything checked out fine . center tight and full of 20 million too .

I see I’m not the only 1!!! First real rip on em and on grass didn’t get 5 minutes of run time and BOOM cmon proline for Almost. $200 for a full set u shouldn’t have to worry about a tire exploding ! And not impressed with how thin the belts are or the quality of whatever it is you’re using for rubber /nylon compound Just so disappointed in this product and thought I was buying the best ! Cmon proline get it together you charge enough for r+d we want a product that stands up to its description !

IMG_6830.jpeg

IMG_6829.jpeg

so i have a relatively new set of Pro Line Masher X-HP's . Maybe 4 runs on them . im running a 56112 980KV with 33/39 gearing , so nothin too crazy . on my last run out , one of them came apart . like ripped the tire and completely broke the woven belt , almost so cleanly youd swear it was cut . Which brings me to my post . Half is info as far as real world testing for everyone , and the other is hopes someone from proline might be able to help me out and possibly get this replaced for me ? they are a little over a year old so id assume any kind of warranty is out of the question , but figured id take a shot on here to see if the right person may be able to help me out . even though they are kind of aged , they have hardly any run time on them , and for almost 100 bucks a pair , for them to come apart like this , is shi*ty . Ive always ran Pro Line , and cant say they have EVER done me wrong , so please note im not bitching or bashing them . maybe i just had a fluke and got a bad tire . any help would be appreciated . side note , they handled GREAT on my K8EXB . little hard and slick on grass , but i liked the ability to speed slide , and run my rig close to flat out . Bounce absorption was pretty good for a low pro also . weight is a little less than the stock copperheads so they were very responsive also . View attachment 303736View attachment 303738View attachment 303739
Same thing here brother ! Sware it was cut with a raiser on my k8 few runs on em ! Max5 960kv hobby star motor locked diff and conservative gearing Has to be a bad batch! I’ve never seen anything like it I run prolines on many Riggs never had this happpen and I have no diff issues either smh so discouraging especially since I don’t know what to buy now because thought these were the best and had to order 2 because their directional ! They should hook us up but I don’t have my receipt but u can clearly see they have maybe 4 packs on em

Attachments

• IMG_6830.jpeg
    IMG_6830.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6829.jpeg
    IMG_6829.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I see I’m not the only 1!!! First real rip on em and on grass didn’t get 5 minutes of run time and BOOM cmon proline for Almost. $200 for a full set u shouldn’t have to worry about a tire exploding ! And not impressed with how thin the belts are or the quality of whatever it is you’re using for rubber /nylon compound Just so disappointed in this product and thought I was buying the best ! Cmon proline get it together you charge enough for r+d we want a product that stands up to its description !

View attachment 304224

View attachment 304225

Same thing here brother ! Sware it was cut with a raiser on my k8 few runs on em ! Max5 960kv hobby star motor locked diff and conservative gearing Has to be a bad batch! I’ve never seen anything like it I run prolines on many Riggs never had this happpen and I have no diff issues either smh so discouraging especially since I don’t know what to buy now because thought these were the best and had to order 2 because their directional ! They should hook us up but I don’t have my receipt but u can clearly see they have maybe 4 packs on em
Get some mx43's if you want the ultimate durability but I'm still surprised this happened to you guys. I've had 2 sets of mashers now and my rigs have even more power than you guys and they've been excellent.

I'd be mad if I were you too though. I will say, proline customer service is apparently pretty good and if it's something that happened not too long after you bought it they will totally send you a replacement.

Mx43's are THICK and tough and the most durable tire I've personally ever seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back