Vorteks Vorteks Dumbo RC / Max10 issue - No throttle/reverse!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoetheRCguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
  2. Vorteks
Hi everyone,

I have an Arrma Vorteks with a DumboRc transmitter and remote +Hobbywing Max10 esc. It was up for sale and when I boxed it up, it worked perfectly fine.

A chap came to see it last week and we went outside to test drive it and it wouldn't respond the to the throttle or reverse! If you turn up the throttle trim, it will automatically drive but not off of the trigger.

I've tried re-binding the remote, new batteries and re-calibrating the end points but the esc won't aknowledge the throttle position. (heres a video of that).

I'm genuinly stumped as to what it can be bar a broken trigger but I have no idea how that could've happened as its been stored securely since I put it away.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can try next? Thanks!

Is the max10 have the battery voltage set? I accidentally left mine in 6s when I ran 3s once and it wouldn't budge. Everything else worked.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I've only ever used it on 3s/2s and it picks up which battery its on. I get the 3 beeps ot indicate it knows which batteries its on.

If i turn up the sub trim it will set off by itself, just not with the trigger.

Popped it apart after posting and no visible issues either.

There is a way to set the limit of the throttle with the Dumbo. I think if you hold the wheel toward the handle and the trigger down to the handle while powering up you can set the limits of the trigger for steering and throttle. End points work as you mention, could be something like that.

Watch this guy at like 4 min

There is a way to set the limit of the throttle with the Dumbo. I think if you hold the wheel toward the handle and the trigger down to the handle while powering up you can set the limits of the trigger for steering and throttle. End points work as you mention, could be something like that.

Watch this guy at like 4 min
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I've tried this and re-setting the esc to factory settings.

I've also swapped channel one and two around and the throttle works perfectly on the steering wheel. Genuinly stumped. I've even tried opening it up and shorting the pins to see if it sends an output but it doesn't.

Ordered a new one but seems so weird for it to stop working how it has.

I can't tell too well from the video, but it looks like your throttle switch is set to Reverse. It should be set to Normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back