Outcast Outcast 4s v2 throttle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajax591

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Bought an outcast 4s v2 a week and a half ago. This last weekend and today I've noticed if I tap the throttle it'll continue to accelerate the car longer than I'm on the trigger. Throttle seems to be inconsistent in how much power it's giving(either backflip on a slight tap or just go normal like it should). I've done a throttle calibration and turned the throttle trim down. There were times where the car was full acceleration on its own for a full 2 seconds after I had let go of the trigger. Would this be more of an esc issue or transmitter/receiver issue?

Bought an outcast 4s v2 a week and a half ago. This last weekend and today I've noticed if I tap the throttle it'll continue to accelerate the car longer than I'm on the trigger. Throttle seems to be inconsistent in how much power it's giving(either backflip on a slight tap or just go normal like it should). I've done a throttle calibration and turned the throttle trim down. There were times where the car was full acceleration on its own for a full 2 seconds after I had let go of the trigger. Would this be more of an esc issue or transmitter/receiver issue?
Have you tried replacing the batteries in the transmitter if that doesn't work you can always contact Horizon and get parts thru warranty
Ask for a esc and receiver if you can so you don't have to do the process again if one don't work

Have you tried replacing the batteries in the transmitter if that doesn't work you can always contact Horizon and get parts thru warranty
Ask for a esc and receiver if you can so you don't have to do the process again if one don't work
Yeah I actually just put new batteries in last week because my other rechargables were old.

Do you think they would do that? Send both I mean?

Yeah I actually just put new batteries in last week because my other rechargables were old.

Do you think they would do that? Send both I mean?
I have contacted them multiple time and if they can see what your talking about theirs a 90% chance they will send the parts. If they don't send the part it could be lazy management not wanting to deal with it (Trust me i know how it is). If that happens to you feel free to update this post with a video of what your talking about.

I have contacted them multiple time and if they can see what your talking about theirs a 90% chance they will send the parts. If they don't send the part it could be lazy management not wanting to deal with it (Trust me i know how it is). If that happens to you feel free to update this post with a video of what your talking about.
Will do, I'll see if I can get a video of it on lunch. Had a co worker drive it just to confirm what it was doing and he noticed it too.

Did you rebind/then recalibrate? If so, I'd have the tx/rx replaced if you don't have another set to swap in.

What do these RTRs use, the slt3?

Did you rebind/then recalibrate? If so, I'd have the tx/rx replaced if you don't have another set to swap in.

Dang i didn't think about that. Yes they use the slt3 the basic radio

Yes, theyre slt3. I haven't tried to rebind it but I did recalibrate sat when it first did it and today when it did it again. I do have a senton with the same transmitter that I was thinking about binding to the outcast, just to rule out one possibility.

Possible Rx antenna damage?.. doesn't take much to break those coax antennas.. typically it will cause the latency you describe..

One way to test is pull the wheels off and set it on a stand or similar, stay right next to it and see if the latency improves or disappears.. even go as far as holding the tx just above the Rx box..

If it does improve or disappear you can surely say it's antenna damage either on the Rx or tx.. if it remains the same definitely contact horizon and try for another Rx/tx..

Depending on who the agent is you speak to, they will either say no problem and send a setup or tell you to return the whole thing to them.. I've been delt both sides of the coin.. it's really hit or miss

Here are 2 short gifs of it. I couldn't upload a normal video since mp4 isn't allowed

Last edited:
Set the throttle trim to the middle/zero, recalibrate the ESC…

And NEVER touch the throttle trim again. Even accidentally.

You have to have it set to zero ALL the time. Especially during binding and before you calibrate.

If your receiver isn’t wet, then you got some bad electronics. Could be radio, receiver, or ESC. Try with a different radio if possible to narrow it down.

If your receiver isn’t wet, then you got some bad electronics. Could be radio, receiver, or ESC. Try with a different radio if possible to narrow it down.
That was my next step, was going to submit a claim with hh today but my receipt is at home so I figured I'd do what I can to at least narrow it down.

Sounds like a bad radio. Second run with my losi baja rey the radio reversed the motor rotation. Did this several times. In the garbage and picked up another receiver for my gt5 radio.
Spectrum 🫣

Just bound my senton transmitter to the outcast and no fix. So it's either receiver or esc.
Sounds like a bad radio. Second run with my losi baja rey the radio reversed the motor rotation. Did this several times. In the garbage and picked up another receiver for my gt5 radio.
Spectrum 🫣
Just tried another transmitter and that didn't fix it. So from what I've read it's either the receiver or esc.

They're sending me an esc, I asked about a receiver as well but they replied and said to just let them know if the esc works and if it doesn't we'll look at a reciever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back