Vorteks ESC lvc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scudder

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
About to pick up a Vortek but am reading that people were having lots of problems with the low voltage cut off. Had this issue been remedied or should I stear clear of the Vorteks?

Options.....Stay clear, Accept it for what it is ( getting short run times), or anticipate $swapping out$ the ESC altogether. Your call.
Me, I would not touch it with a 10ft pole.:giggle: I feel it is rather overpriced to begin with, as Arrma 4x4 rigs go.

HH/Spektrum doesn't consider it a defect. So it has not been addressed. They will only send you another same Vortex ESC if you ask. (n)While Under 2 year warranty
But it was literally a Down graded ESC F/W reason.
LVC simply cuts off too soon. Short run times. And using a larger capacity Lipo is not the answer as some have tried and thought the Lipo was the issue. Not.
The LVC cutoff Voltage is simply set too high with the F/W. So that battery is not truly depleted when LVC cuts. And this is not adjustable as a setting parameter at the ESC.

There are Vorteks threads here to search in regards.
The Spektrum Firma 100 ESC used in the Vorteks does not have settable LVC voltage so best to use a LiPo alarm while running.
+1
And that sucks.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It seems hit or miss. You’re probably OK and if not they are well aware of the situation now and warrantee out pretty easy if you’re in the states. I’ve been seeing the vorteks on Amazon for 369 which isn’t bad.

Just make sure you want such a low slung basher. If you’re going to be jumping or hitting rough for terrain you should look at a big rock. I got a Vorteks and realized I didn’t want a speed car, I wanted a strong fast basher so I modified it heavily. If you do want a speedy little dirt basher check out the 3s typhon, that’s got the long wheel base, is fast and nimble as well as more stable. You can speed bash it, jump it etc, it’s just an all around good car. It also comes with the proven blx 100 which doesn’t have the LVC problems.

Also the ‘upgraded’ dx3 remote that comes with a Vorteks isn’t worth the additional cost. If your want a gyro can pick up a Dumbo for 40 bucks and it is a much better remote all around then the dx3. Good luck bud.

+1
Good advice from someone who has a Vorteks.(y)
Even at $369. seems too high for this rig with LVC issue alone, and the poor radio. (I don't like Spektrum gear anyway)
It is much too close in price to Arrma 6s rig territory once you start replacing the bad parts and all.. Just me.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
+1
Good advice from someone who has a Vorteks.(y)
Even at $369. seems too high for this rig.
It is much too close in price to Arrma 6s rig territory. Just me.:rolleyes:
Agreed. They charge a premium for the remote and ‘smart’ esc. Just not worth it.

You may be interested in the thread I just posted where I discuss the LVC issue in the context of battery discharge curves. In short, I suspect it's not a real issue with the ESC and is probably attributable to the batteries some people are using.

I have been reading a lot on this forum and others regarding the LVC issues. I haven't heard any input regarding punch settings and its effect on LVC. I run 3S 6200mah 80c Zeee batteries and when I first got my truck it would hit LVC and my resting voltage would be approximately 3.8v per cell. I recently maxed the punch to 5 and for the past 4 packs I've been getting a resting voltage of approximately 3.4v - 3.5v per cell. This may be due to psychology since I don't go as hard on the throttle off the line since it has so much more punch. For whatever the reason I get longer play time and enjoy the extra power when I need it. Or maybe the batteries just needed a few cycles to get into their prime.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back