Swapping ESC and Motor, vorteks and rustler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortekyteky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi all,

Bit of a newbie here,
I am currently in the process of putting a 4s system into my Vorteks, then using the current spektrum 3s electronics and putting them in a brushed rustler 2wd.

My questions are:
- Will I have to change up any settings on the esc/receivers/transmitters
- Will I have to change things like throttle endpoints for the esc on the Rustler (It will be using stock traxxas transmitter)
- What timing should I use on my new 4s system? (2800kv spektrum, 130a spektrum esc) - from the bog hog
- Do you think the spektrum 3200kv motor will be all good on the back of a rustler with no cooling at all? The rustler is significantly lighter than the vorteks.
- Is there anything that ive completely overlooked?

Thanks all.

You will have to recalibrate the throttle endpoints for both escs.

Use the stock timing.

I run the Arrma 3200KV motor in my 2wd Rustler without any sort of cooler on the motor geared 83/25 and it runs cool as a cucumber.

You will have to recalibrate the throttle endpoints for both escs.

Use the stock timing.

I run the Arrma 3200KV motor in my 2wd Rustler without any sort of cooler on the motor geared 83/25 and it runs cool as a cucumber.

I have no fan on the back of my rustler but its a velineon motor (known to run hot?) And also I'm on 35/76 gearing..
My point is, rustler is light and a lot of air across the motor.. I 2nd it'll probably be just fine without a fan.

Yes, the Velineon 3300kv motors run notoriously hot. The rustler is a very light rig though, so you might be ok. Just watch your temps. At least you can check them mid-run without even pulling the body. Very convenient!

If you must, a fan is still an option for that Velineon motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back