Vorteks vorteks pulls right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshtommo25

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi all....looking for some advice if you don't mind....got a typhon 3s that needs some new shocks...any recommendations.....and a vorteks that keeps pulling to the right when driving??×here to start locking????thank

adjusted trim....starts dead straight and just continues to turn right...taking it to place I bought it today to see what they think

adjusted trim....starts dead straight and just continues to turn right...taking it to place I bought it today to see what they think
Starts dead straight, then turns? Stays straight for how long before turning? If it's not your steering set-up, then one of your right wheels is rotating more slowly than the left wheels, which can be caused by multiple issues. OR your left side is getting more traction than your right, which can be caused by suspension imbalances such as camber/toe.

Last edited:
almost immediately....just pulls right....the wheel seems to have more play then the left front....thinking bearing.....new hobby for me and my 5yr old twin boys....was gonna post introducing myself this evening....thanks for the help ....star hobby in annapolis is on my way home from work so gonna stop there and see what they say...again thank you

Just an additional thought....could be something as simple as a wheel nut being too tight as well, or a badly bent wheel hex pin. Good luck.

almost immediately....just pulls right....the wheel seems to have more play then the left front....thinking bearing.....new hobby for me and my 5yr old twin boys....was gonna post introducing myself this evening....thanks for the help ....star hobby in annapolis is on my way home from work so gonna stop there and see what they say...again thank you
Hey man, welcome aboard.
Did you pull that wheel off and check that area? Then unscrew the hub and check bearings as someone mentioned. You need to get used to pulling it apart anyway. These things are fun to work on after all and not very hard to learn.

hi guys...took it back to where I bought it....and they called tech support and shipped a new reciever....installed reciever last night...now everything works but it want break now or go in reverse.....did I do something wrong...otherwise I'm taking unit to store tomorrow...thanks in advamc

20210629_164246.jpg

20210629_164252.jpg

You definitely need the calibrating program. Get on YouTube and literally google setting up the fiddlestick what is its name… hold on…DX3.
My vorteks been acting a little screwy since I got it in some areas. So I reset everything to factory and spent about an hour or two this morning watching a bunch of videos on calibrating and programming. I think programming it directly from the esc is better then just the transmitter. Now it seems to work very good.
Take it back to the shop if you want but man… I guarantee if you can figure out how to fix something on the car, no matter how difficult, It’ll give you confidence to fix the next thing, and then the next thing and before you know it you wouldn’t even think of taking it back to the shop. Spend the money on parts not labor!!

found this on youtube....yep I missed alot of those steps.....ill have a go when I get home...thanks yall for the help

hi guys...took it back to where I bought it....and they called tech support and shipped a new reciever....installed reciever last night...now everything works but it want break now or go in reverse.....did I do something wrong...otherwise I'm taking unit to store tomorrow...thanks in advamc

View attachment 155157

View attachment 155158
Did you mess around with the ESC at all? There is a setting in the ESC that can be changed to make your truck only go forward with no reverse (race mode). Is it possible that you changed this setting somehow?

For the Vorteks, it has this special procedure to set up a new receiver. Follow the instructions in the manual, it’s different than all of the other Arrmas.

By the way, most likely your original receiver was not bad, it just wasn’t set up correctly from the factory.

set it up following the instructions....now works ...great stuff thank you all...appreciate it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back